Incorrect DECA information?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Logandros, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Logandros

Logandros New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    NJ
    I was recently told by an account support representative that I should swap out my DECAM1MR0-01 for a Cinema Connection Kit. I wanted to run the scenario by some people here as his explanation didn't seem to hold water.

For years my setup has been (2) HR-24 units, (1) HR34, (2) wired Genie Clients. I use a DECAM1MR0-01 that feeds directly in to the Multi-Switch on the side of my house to provide all boxes with internet.

This weekend I ordered and installed the GenieGo. I installed it on the back of my HR34 just using the COAX. The (dash) test told me SWIM and Internet were both OK (I still don't know what the Ethernet port on the GenieGo is used for). I immediately got a blue light on my GenieGo, my router shows it as a listed device with an IP. However when I try to use my iPad it gets stuck in the DirecTV app when trying to register the GenieGO with an error code of 4003 "Could not activate ...."

So I called DirecTV and after a long conversation he feels that the DECAM1MR0-01 is interfering with the GenieGO and I should have that removed and replaced with a Cinema Connection Kit as the DECA is "old technology".

Can anyone weigh in on this, it just doesn't seem to make sense to me since I've never had internet issues with my DVRs before and the (dash) test said everything was OK.

2. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    No, the BroadBand DECA is a better connection than a CCK-W. I would move the GenieGo to your router and connect via ethernet. Re-run the set up on your iPad. See if that helps.

3. Logandros

Logandros New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    NJ
    Thank you for verifying that. Do you happen to have a link on how to set it up in that way. Is it just a matter of using that Ethernet port and do I still use the coax?

Thanks

4. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    No link necessary. Just remove splitter, connect coax to receiver as it was before, relocate GenieGo to you router connect via ethernet. Done.