1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install on 3/31, will I get the new receiver?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Beligerent, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Beligerent

Beligerent New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    I have a new install scheduled for this Wednesday. I am getting an HD DVR. I see Directv has come out with the cool looking new HDDVR's I was wondering if I was going to be getting one of those? I called DirecTV a few mins ago and was told by customer service there was no way to check on exactly which model of equipment I would be getting. Does this sound about right to you?

Thanks , Norm

2. curt8403

curt8403 Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2007
    you probably will not get the HR24 as it is not in the pipeline for regular installs.

3. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Since you are not in one of the 4 test markets, I'd say no.

4. jimmyv2000

jimmyv2000 Hall Of Fame

Feb 15, 2007
    Manchester NH
    To The Op,
    Directech will most likely be doing your install,
    My local installer comes to my garage for work as of last week NEGATIVE ON the new HR and H 24 being available up here in NH yet.
    As far as what you get its hard to say.But I can confirm it will NOT be new HR24.
    One thing on your install make sure your installer uses 2 monopoles for extra support for your dish, theyre needed because of high winds for stability.

5. awblackmon

awblackmon Legend

May 20, 2009
    If an installer does a job with one mono pole, the job is a fail QC wise. Those dishes need the extra support! I have seen some done with one monopole, but it just isn't done right if they are. I also see dishes with monopoles installed wrong. The short one attaches to the mast below the bend and goes straight down from the mast if on the roof. The long monopole attaches above the mast bend and goes off to the side at around 90 degrees and attaches to the roof. If the dish is attached to a wall, the the short monopole attaches above the bend in the mast and goes straight back to the wall. The long goes on next and goes out to the side of the mast and attaches to the wall.

6. dog6869

dog6869 Mentor

Oct 27, 2007
    I just had an INstall done Friday 26 March 2010 I got the HR21-700 It all goes for what they have in the warehouse and in the truck... GOOD LUCK!!! Please let us know..