1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installation Mess

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by WebTraveler, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    Okay, I am on tap for 8-12 installation this morning. No word from anyone until 9:30 when the boss calls. The guy didn't show up for work. He is going to try to get someone out here by 4, but I think thats looking shakey.

The reason he didn't show up? He is in jail. Real cool. Well, actually I am glad that is not my installer. In Portland, Oregon metro we have a mess in our criminal justice system. Unless you are a violent offender, you don't get jail before court. This guy apparently did.

Also, the wall fishes that were promised as included, are not free per the installers, but free per sales. Good thing there is a 30-day money back guarantee, cause once it is all done, we'll sort it out. I already discussed the conflict with ceo@dishnetwork.com and they tell me my work is specifically included.

We'll see how it goes. What a mess.

2. RichP

RichP Mentor

Sep 5, 2003
    If you get Dish to pay for your wall fishes, I'll be shocked. Generally that's something you have to work out with the specific installer, and not all can do them (the equipment is expensive). In fact, I'd be hesitant to let someone who isn't an electrician fish my walls, but maybe that's just me?

3. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    Equipment, expensive? Not really, unless we're talking different things. You go up to the attic and drop the wire between the wall. They call it fishing because you have do some fishing to find the wire from where your hole in the wall is.

But this is what the guy at ceo@dishnetwork.com told me, that basic wall fishes are included. I am going to hold him to it as well. There is this 30-day guarantee that is out there as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.