1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installation Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by selfdbs, Feb 1, 2013.

1. selfdbs

selfdbs New Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Hello i was wondering how would i go about installing a dish onto balcony railing i have see and heard about using a u-mount bracket to attach to the railing of a balcony but dont know where to get a u-mount bracket so i can install the dish

2. samrs

samrs MANC

May 30, 2004
    Flat Branch, NC
  3. Michael H..

Michael H.. Member

May 31, 2007
    Alternative:
    If the railing has a rectangular cross section.
    I picked up a couple of these a few years back for ~$35 each.
    Highly recommend.
    Steren Mount

4. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    The mount that samrs posted is designed for wooden posts - if your balcony just has a metal railing it won't be strong enough to handle the wind loading on the slimline dish and you would need to use a non-penetrating mount on the balcony floor.

5. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    The rail mount is not just intended for wood it can be used on either.

6. selfdbs

selfdbs New Member

Feb 1, 2013
    well my belcony is a metal one and what i was trying to get at is if i could find a local place that someone could tell me where i could get a 'U' bolt for 1.25" (32mm) diameter pole or smaller

[​IMG]

reason why im asking is cause my last installer used something like this and i have been seening them installed just that way my question is would any local place carry something like this?

7. selfdbs

selfdbs New Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Nevermind i found where to get and thanks for everyone helping me out