1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installer will be here soon - Anything to watch out for ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by tonyoci, Dec 10, 2011.

1. tonyoci

tonyoci Legend

Oct 14, 2006
    The installer will be arriving within an hour. I have some experience setting up systems but not MRV.

I am wanting 1 system in each bedroom which is already wired for cable TV from a box outside. The other in a TV room which is where all my receivers were before this morning, wired by satellite cables run under the house. +1 receiver only system in another wired room.

Anything to be watch out for or to get them to do ?

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    How many DVR and receivers are you getting installed?

3. tonyoci

tonyoci Legend

Oct 14, 2006
    Well it turns out that I can expect them not to show up :(

I already have 3 DVRs, I will be adding one + one HD receiver.

4. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    If the total number of tuners is 9 or greater, they will install a SWM system.

5. tonyoci

tonyoci Legend

Oct 14, 2006
    and when they did show up I got exactly what I expected.

Can't install this sir, an extra $300 minimum for this install sir.

6. dsw2112

dsw2112 Always Searching

Jun 12, 2009
    If the technician was referring to an added cost to install a SWM16, then they were most certainly uniformed. Have you called D* back?

7. johngettler

johngettler New Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Was the guy wearing a uniform?

8. ajbolit

ajbolit New Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Well - now I am in the same shoes - my HR34 had arrived and I should have it installed either tomorrow afternoon or Friday. I am getting the whole house DVR for 3 different HDTV's. 2 of them 3D capable and the 3d one - my current projector - will probably be switched to 3d in a year or so. Do I need to worry about any additional equipment or particular set up, so that I wouldn't need to upgrade in the nearest future? My understanding - internet being streamed over the coaxial cable and my home network will not be used? I don't need to worry about installing any additional CAT6 cables to the receivers etc? What should I ask installer for? is there anything out there that can be have but not necessarily being advertized by D*? CCK?

9. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Your DirecTV system will be interconnected somehow to your LAN, however you are correct in that you do not need ethernet wiring to your receiver locations. The CCK or WCCK should be on the work order.

Your home network is used only in that there is a single interconnection. Your receivers will draw IP from your router, and your LAN is the gateway to the internet.