Instant Replay on the HR54 with a *classic* remote

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by SledgeHammer, Jul 13, 2019.

1. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    I was on a slow as heck HR24 up until a few months ago when I finally bit the bullet and went HR54. Much faster, but I don't like the micro remote, so I stuck with the rectangle remote since I have tactile memory on it as well.

One thing I noticed is that the replay button seems to be very few seconds on the HR54. On the HR24 it seemed like 15-30 seconds, on the HR54, it can't be more then 10. Is this changeable anywhere? (lol, why am I even asking?). Or is it just a factor of using the rectangle remote and the micro remote works correctly?

2. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    If you mean the back button, it's about the same on all models, around 6 seconds. Although on my HR44 it's more like 12 seconds the first usage.

3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Clicking back on a Genie is about two seconds, clicking forward about thirty seconds. Clicking back on a 24 is about six seconds. Clicking forward is about thirty seconds. Not an advantage for the Genies. You might want to give the 54's remote more of a chance, they are much more responsive than an older remote. I don't like the Genie remotes but the response time is worth the annoyance. I think.

Rich

4. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Ah... so it is quicker... lol... why would somebody want to click back just 2 seconds?

5. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Ask the developers. I've never liked the click back on my 44.

Rich

6. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Clicking back on my HR54 is 6 seconds.

7. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    You should be able to "stack" the commands (rapid button pushes) on either (RC6x, RC7x) remote.

With practice you can get good enough to wind up more precisely where you want to be.

For example, two quick pushes of replay is a fairly good equivalent of a single push on an older HR.

(If you're quick enough, they don't execute until you're done pushing the button.)

8. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I've definitely noticed it goes back less then my HR24. HR24 seemed to go back more then 6 seconds. At least mine did. But then again, it also took 30 seconds to respond to a button press.

9. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    Yeah, stacking won't work very well with a slow-running HR, unless it's being viewed remotely through whole-home (in which case it can work really well).

But it should work well enough with HR44/54 in the DVR itself.