1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting new Terms and Services Change

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by xrobmn, Nov 29, 2018.

1. xrobmn

xrobmn Legend

Oct 22, 2007
    Just got this email a bit ago.. so cancel 1 day into new cycle and cancel service.. they will now basically not cancel you until the end of the billing cycle.. wow.. guess I'm amazed (but not) with big companies nowadays..

------
    Please read this if you receive DIRECTV and/or AT&T Fixed Wireless service(s). We want to remind you that you’re billed in advance for recurring service(s) and/or programming charges and applicable fees based on the terms of your current service agreement(s) with us. Starting January 14, 2019, subject to applicable laws, we’re updating your agreement(s) to include your recurring service(s)/programming charges and fees won’t be prorated if you cancel the above service(s) on any day other than the last day of your billing cycle. Your service(s) will continue until the end of your billing cycle but you won’t get a refund (prorated credits) for any remaining days left in your billing cycle. For products not listed above, refer to their terms of service for more information.

Questions about this change? Go to att.com/ProrationPolicy for more information and to see the revised section of your service agreement(s).

2. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    I pretty sure altice does this too so att is not the only one

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

3. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    With altice if u cancel u still have 2 pay full month service

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

4. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I don’t see this as a big deal. They won’t prorate months anymore. Ok....

5. skinnyJM

skinnyJM Legend

Nov 19, 2005
    DFW DMA
    I'm surprised it took them this long to implement the "once we have your money you're not getting it back" policy.

6. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    Seems like someone looking to get out of a two year contract could argue this is a material change to allow them to get out with no termination fee.

7. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    Since this only affects you if you add and then quickly remove a package, that seems like a stretch. In my mind, a "material change" is something that would affect you even if you don't make any changes to your service.

8. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I have the new ToS. I do see the section that addresses leased equipment but I did not see one word about owned equipment.

Rich