1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intermittent PBS problem

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by lee635, Sep 9, 2010.

1. lee635

lee635 Hall Of Fame

Apr 17, 2002
    I am having a problem with the local PBS over-the-air channel. It will come in with a 65% signal for a while then go to zero, then back up to 65%.

I only get two channels over-the-air and the NBC channel comes in fine with a steady 65% signal strength.

It seems that rebooting the receiver seems to help, but maybe that's just wishful thinking?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Sounds like multipath interference. Can you turn the antenna 5 degrees or so one way or the other and see if the problem disappears or changes?

3. lee635

lee635 Hall Of Fame

Apr 17, 2002
    No, if I turn the antenna either way a few degrees, both channels go to zero. I am on a hill with lots of redwood trees and basically found a sweet spot where the signal comes in. In fact, I tried putting the antenna up 5 and 10 feet higher and completely lost the signal in all directions. I am just scratching my head about why the signal comes in and out, as it seems strong when it comes in. Maybe a tree blowing in the wind??? ;) Or maybe someone's wifi is interfering or something like that...I don't know.

Thanks for the reply.

4. boylehome

boylehome Hall Of Fame/Supporter

Jul 16, 2004
    By chance are you having a problem with KIXE PBS? Are you having this problem with a specific receiver?