1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet connection but no phone line

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by howie8790, Apr 6, 2012.

1. howie8790

howie8790 New Member

Apr 6, 2012
    I have internet connection, but no active phone line. Every time I want to order a movie, I order online via my computer. The online instructions tell me to go to my on demand menu and choose the movie I wish to watch and choose dowload to my receiver. THEN, I confirm the order online on my computer, get my confirmation code.

BUT, when I go to my list, and see the movie downloading and I click play, it starts and a dialog box says I need to call to order that movie.

Every time. My internet is hooked up. We download on demand shows all the time, but whenever it is a movie, it wont work.

Tech support is horrible. They transfer me 100 times to people who think that simply resetting my receiver will work. It doesn't. I am about to cancel my account and find something else.

My error code is 72-124. It says that my phone line isn't working. I know that. But my internet is. Downloading a movie doesn't require a phone line. That caller ID does, and I dont have that.

Sorry for the long length, but I have been on the phone trying to explain this for hours and don't want any of the repeat "quick fix" that they read from a script.

Can someone please help me?????????? :mad:

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Have you tried resetting your receiver?

3. allenn

allenn Icon

Nov 19, 2005
    Georgia
    Call or e-mail D*'s Tech Support. They can be very helpful.

4. gregftlaud

gregftlaud Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2005
    Go into your network area and make sure your "network services" are running

5. howie8790

howie8790 New Member

Apr 6, 2012
    I have reset my receiver. Everytime I call that is the first thing they say. That is not the problem.

I called support. No help. They keep telling me to reset my receiver.

My internet connection is fine. I can get on my laptop, as I mentioned in the post. Our internet is not the problem. We download from ondemand channels all the time. Movies from DirectTv cinema are the only thing we have a problem with. The error code is 72-124. It is the fact that we do not have an active phone line.

But we don't need one for the services we subscribe to. Phone line has nothing to do with downloading movies, after I have already paid for them.

Their support does not help. That is why I'm here. To see if anyone has a similar problem, or can actually give me an intelligent answer to my question.

6. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Make sure they have impulse PPV authorized on your acct...mine disappeared before too.

7. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    What happens if you simply choose the movie via the menu, leaving out the computer? That works in my house; also no phone line.

BTW, :welcome_s to DBSTalk