Internet Connection

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by ron_s, Jul 31, 2020.

1. ron_s

ron_s New Member

May 27, 2020
    My sister has an HR-44 connected to the internet wirelessly and an HR-22, which is also connected to the internet (via the Genie). Both show connected to internet and are able to watch on demand.

Her DTV account was moved to att.com a couple years ago (wow, glad I'm still on directv.com). On her account page, it is showing that none of the receivers (the two above plus two minis) are connected to the Internet. It has been this way for months. On both receivers We've refreshed signal, repeated internet setup, and rebooted. The website will not acknowledge they're connected to the internet.

This is a problem when she goes to record an on-demand episode from directv.com. Since all are showing as not connected, it won't let her record any on-demand content from the website or app.

Has anyone seen this before? Is there anything she can do short of calling directv?

2. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Yeah that has never worked on the AT&T website for my account but I can download OnDemand content without any issues.

3. ron_s

ron_s New Member

May 27, 2020
    She can too, she just can't do it from her phone or online, which is a huge hassle for her.

4. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    I can setup a recording from the guide and have it record to a DVR. Never tried it with OnDemand content though.

5. ron_s

ron_s New Member

May 27, 2020
    Yeah she can too.

However we noticed this problem when "DC's Stargirl" on the CW changed the Series title in the Guide to "Stargirl" for the last two weeks. Because of this, those two episodes didn't record (strangely, next weeks episode reverted back to "DC's Stargirl"). Since she has a basic, slow DSL connection, it takes forever to download on demand episodes so she tried to set them to record while she was still at work so she'd be able to watch it without interruption when she got home. That's when we noticed it wouldn't allow it because it thinks the DVRs are offline.

I guess I'll tell her to call tech support. Hopefully she doesn't spend an hour on the phone while they make her repeat all the steps we've tried over the past couple weeks.

6. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Yeah I'm not sure in her case. But the AT&T website saying the devices aren't connected are not the reason. Mine have never shown as connected since my account was transferred over to AT&T.

7. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Same here. Since my DIRECTV account was converted to AT&T it has always shown my DIRECTV equipment as offline yet their functions and features all perform normally.

8. Aug 1, 2020 #8 of 16
    ron_s

ron_s New Member

May 27, 2020
    So you guys can both schedule an on demand recording online?

9. Aug 1, 2020 #9 of 16
    b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    The online guide I'm seeing does not list any OnDemand channels to record. Where are you seeing the option to record OnDemand content online? I can go into the guide and record any channel listed to my DVR.

10. ron_s

ron_s New Member

May 27, 2020
    Search for a show and press all episodes, then try to record any of the ones that are available on demand. For example, Stargirl. She gets an error message, I do not. Her error message says her receivers are not connected to the internet so it can't record them.

11. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    OK I tried searching for Stargirl and the only episodes it lets me even try to record are the 2 upcoming episodes on 8/3 and 8/10. The other OnDemand episodes shows "Record is Unavailable".

Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 8.48.44 AM.png

12. ron_s

ron_s New Member

May 27, 2020
    Yes! That's exactly what she's getting! And when you press on the "record is unavailable" link, it says it's because your receivers aren't connected to the Internet. This must be an issue for anyone that was migrated to the ATT website I guess. Because it works for both my account and my moms account, both of which are still at DirecTV.com

13. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    It could be. I also tried an episode of The Goldbergs OnDemand that I can record to my DVR from the OnDemand channel on my DVR but online it says "Record is Unavailable".

14. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    Good luck with that! Im sure it will be a waste of time

15. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Been going back through the att.com website and I can't even find where it shows my DVR's are not connected. I know it used to show that for everyone of them there somewhere but if it is still there I can't find it anymore.

16. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    My HR44 and its client as well as an HR24 all can access on demand. It may not be as fast as using the content providers Roku or xbox one app, but it does eventually play. I also can schedule recordings using the DirecTV iphone app. All 3 receivers show not connected on at&t's account management page. Not sure why they think that, they surely are connected and have IP addresses and can get content from online.