DBSTalk Forum banner

ION moved again

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Paul Secic 
#1 ·
Noticed last night ION has been mirrored on ch. 216. I imagine 280 will be dropped eventually. Also notice ch. 212 has been dropped. I thought they might be putting CSPAN 3 there after they moved CSPAN 2 to ch. 211. Guess not.

#3 ·
#9 ·
I surely hope it includes ION's digital subchannels...ION Life and more importantly, Qubo (24/7 Childrens network only available OTA on ION O&O affiliates currently). The article stated the deal terms weren't disclosed, so I certianly hope these two channels make it in.

#10 ·
music_beans said:
I surely hope it includes ION's digital subchannels...ION Life and more importantly, Qubo (24/7 Childrens network only available OTA on ION O&O affiliates currently). The article stated the deal terms weren't disclosed, so I certianly hope these two channels make it in.
ION by itself is a waste. Hopefully DISH was smart enough to get the subchannels. Otherwise it's a waste.

#11 ·
music_beans said:
The subchannels are not even available on my local ION channel yet. It's still analog only! My local ION station was assigned a digital channel that is out-of-band (ch 59). ION was not about to spend money on a transmitter and antenna that would become obsolete (yes this is an O&O). As a result of the delay in the end of the transition, WVPX is still analog ch 23. They will "flash cut" to digital on ch 23 at the last minute.

#14 ·
I sent an email to Dish regarding this (haven't heard back) and am wondering if anyone else has noticed this...no closed captions on 217 IONW at all. Can anyone else confirm this?

UPDATE: I received this from Dish today...

<<Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

I did some investigating into this matter today. I did find that we were having a problem with the Closed Captioning on ION West. I did escalate it to our engineering department and the issue has been corrected. I will continue in the next couple of days checking the channel to make sure that the issue is indeed resolved. If in the future you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email us again.

We appreciate the time DISH Network customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

EchoStar Broadcasting Corporation
Quality Assurance Department>>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.