1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ION moved again

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by BillJ, Apr 18, 2009.

1. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    Noticed last night ION has been mirrored on ch. 216. I imagine 280 will be dropped eventually. Also notice ch. 212 has been dropped. I thought they might be putting CSPAN 3 there after they moved CSPAN 2 to ch. 211. Guess not.

2. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    They probably moved ION closer to the shopping/infomercial channels since that is what ION is for 70% of the day :D

3. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    http://www.multichannel.com/article/209546-Dish_Extension_Boosts_Ion_Subscriber_Count.php

4. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    They extended the contract with ION according to Multichannel News.

5. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Usually East & West Coast feeds are next to each other in the guide, not separated (especially as wide as these two are).

Lately the new channel assignments do not make much sense. They just added a new HD channel in the midst of the PI channels.

6. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Or Cartoon channel at 176 and Cartoon west at 181.

7. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    It's no better on D* - ION east is on 305, west was just added to 347... :confused:

8. retiredTech

retiredTech Icon

Oct 27, 2003
  9. music_beans

music_beans Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2003
    I surely hope it includes ION's digital subchannels...ION Life and more importantly, Qubo (24/7 Childrens network only available OTA on ION O&O affiliates currently). The article stated the deal terms weren't disclosed, so I certianly hope these two channels make it in.

10. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    ION by itself is a waste. Hopefully DISH was smart enough to get the subchannels. Otherwise it's a waste.

11. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    The subchannels are not even available on my local ION channel yet. It's still analog only! My local ION station was assigned a digital channel that is out-of-band (ch 59). ION was not about to spend money on a transmitter and antenna that would become obsolete (yes this is an O&O). As a result of the delay in the end of the transition, WVPX is still analog ch 23. They will "flash cut" to digital on ch 23 at the last minute.

12. retiredTech

retiredTech Icon

Oct 27, 2003
    Well, Ion is on E* website as being IN Classic Bronze 100!
    I have Classic Bronze 100 but Ion 216 & 280 are red in my guide.
    ANY "Classic Bronze 100" customers geting Ion??

13. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    I'd suggest calling DIsh and having them "hit" your receivers.

14. DJ Lon

DJ Lon Legend

Nov 3, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I sent an email to Dish regarding this (haven't heard back) and am wondering if anyone else has noticed this...no closed captions on 217 IONW at all. Can anyone else confirm this?

UPDATE: I received this from Dish today...

<<Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

I did some investigating into this matter today. I did find that we were having a problem with the Closed Captioning on ION West. I did escalate it to our engineering department and the issue has been corrected. I will continue in the next couple of days checking the channel to make sure that the issue is indeed resolved. If in the future you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email us again.

We appreciate the time DISH Network customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

EchoStar Broadcasting Corporation
    Quality Assurance Department>>

15. retiredTech

retiredTech Icon

Oct 27, 2003
    I have Ion 216 & IonW 217 (now).
    I just checked and I have closed captions on Ion 216 but not on IonW 217.

16. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I read ION is suppose to go HD sometime. Forget when though.