1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPad app: watching NBA on TNT

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by FredZ, Mar 9, 2012.

1. FredZ

FredZ Mentor

Aug 22, 2007
    I wanted to watch the NBA game (Bulls vs Magic) last night on my iPad using the Directv app. The app streams TNT where the game was being broadcast so it seemed like this would work great. I opened the app and selected TNT and "watch on iPad". Everything was great, the game was on and it looked very good. Then after a minute or 2, it switched from the game to some drama show (Law and Order or something). I close the app and terminate it using the app-switcher, then I re-open it and select TNT. Same thing, after a minute or so of the game, it switches back to that same drama show. I checked on my TV and TNT was still showing the game. So I am wondering, is there some legal reason where the NBA does not allow the iPad app to stream NBA games?

2. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    I wouldn't think so, I've watched the NBA (can't remember if it was TNT or not) on my iPad via the DIRECTV app. I think it's most likely a problem with DIRECTV's servers.

I'd report it in the iPad app issues thread: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=198257

3. bryanw3535

bryanw3535 Legend

Aug 1, 2008
    My guess is that DirecTV doesn't have rights to show live NBA on the iPad. It would compete against the NBA League Pass app, right?

4. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    No, because TNT Thursday games are exclusive to TNT and national.