1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipad app

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Accordlayingkit, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Accordlayingkit

Accordlayingkit AllStar

Feb 28, 2011
    How far are we from being able to view saved material on any box on our network from the iPad directv app? And being able to watch all live channels including locals with at least the package we pay for? Any ideas?

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    While it has definitely been rumored as happening, only those working on that at DirecTV know the answer.

- Merg

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    If it's on the agenda at all, it's a long-term project.

4. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    And The Shadow Knows!

- Merg

5. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    What? Evil lurks in the heart of man!

:lol:

6. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Is there any thought to enhancing the iPad app to include a more informative guide and DVR information?

In my opinion the iPad app functionality should include a DVR button which:

• Lists upcoming recordings.
    • Displays the "Record Icon" on the guide if in fact the program is or will be recorded.
    Is there a wish list for the iPad app on the forum...I will post there if one exists.

7. DFDureiko

DFDureiko Godfather

Feb 20, 2006
    Recently got the "New" iPad. I like the app, and being able to use it as a portable tv throughout the house. but can't imagine why all subscribed stations aren't included? any idea's why? I understand (but don't agree) that if you could watch on the internet anywhere in the world you'd have some copyright issues, but when your using it in your own home? doesn't seem to make sense.
    Dan

8. DogLover

DogLover Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Simple answer: Contracts, money, negotiations. DIRECTV can't set it up without the channel's permission. Channels want to be compensated for that permission. When they come to an agreement, we can get access to a channel.