iPad not streaming all channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Jish, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Jish

Jish AllStar

Jul 27, 2007
    I searched forums, only found 2014 questions, so sorry if this has been asked. I have approximately 70 channels selected in my Live Streaming list, 37 of them are viewable and 33 are greyed out and at the bottom of my selection list. When I click on any of them and choose "watch" a message pops up stating it must be on the same network as my receiver. All receivers are on the same network and I can watch any recorded show from any of them on the TV. I have restarted the router, uninstalled the iPad app and reinstalled it, signed out/signed in, deleted channels in my list and re-added them (suggestions I found here) the same list of 33 greyed out channels show up, never changes. I'm stumped, any suggestions?

2. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    For some reason the app thinks it's not on the same network. Check the iP addresses of your dvrs and iPad. The first three octets (eg. 192.168.0.x) should be the same with the x being different on each device.

Possibly conncted to a guest wi-fi?

In the iPad app / Settings / GenieGo there's a Network Assistant. . . are all 6 green? I don't know if this shows up without a Genie Go. And under 'Receiver Control' it should show all DVRs on your network.

3. Jish

Jish AllStar

Jul 27, 2007
    Yes all 3 DVRs on same network. On iPad all three of the receivers are green and I can click on each to see what current channel it's tuned to on the Home Module, I can also see my playlists on each of them (but cannot play playlist no Genie - mine are HR24-500s) and like I said 37 channels play perfectly 33 are listed but greyed.

4. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    On the top right corner of the app, does it says "out of home"? Or does it lists one of the name of your receivers?

5. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Don't know. In the streaming list, I randomly checked and 1 or 2 indicated they were not in my package. None are greyed.

For the ones that are greyed, can you get those on your DVRs?

6. Jish

Jish AllStar

Jul 27, 2007
    It lists the current receiver that's showing in the Home Module with a drop down arrow to pick one of the others and those then appear in Home Module when selected.

Yes, every one of them are playable on all the DVRs (simple ones like SyFy, E!, Bravo, USA, AMC, History, H2 & msnbc are among the 33 that won't play on iPad). Funny thing is, I addded the Starz group for free weekend and they all play on iPad - it's weird!

7. dbmaven

dbmaven Icon

May 29, 2004
    I'm having the same issue.
    Older HD-DVRs (HR20-100/700). One connected directly via ethernet cable to ASUS RT-AC66U router, The other via a wireless bridge. Both appear in the receiver drop down, and I can control both of them (channel, etc.) with the remote feature of the app. (Which is why it makes NO SENSE that to stream something like the NHL Network - it thinks I'm out of home).

Same thing with hard-wired computer running the DirecTV app in a browser.

8. Jish

Jish AllStar

Jul 27, 2007
    Today, they are all watchable - I did nothing different with anything (rebooting, uninstalling/reinstalling), just went into the app to "check" and they are all available.