1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iphone firmware update

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by BubblePuppy, Oct 29, 2009.

1. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    For the iphone users out there, there is a firmware update now available. Noticed it when I plugged Melissa's iphone into the laptop to charge. Includes carrier updates.

2. HDJulie

HDJulie Icon DBSTalk Club

Aug 10, 2008
    What version? 3.1.2 came out a couple of weeks ago. There's already a newer version?

3. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    I didn't pay attention to the version #, I just plugged my wife's iphone into the laptop to see if it would recharge that way (she was having problems getting it to recharge on her work computer).... itunes popped up and there was the update. I'll check for the V# when I meet her for lunch.

4. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    It must be 3.1.2. I checked and no one is talking about a newer FW rev than that and iTunes is not telling me anything is new. There was also a carrier update with 3.1.2 as well.

5. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    I bought my 3Gs about 10 days ago and it downloaded an update as soon as I downloaded iTunes and connected the phone. I assume it must be the lasted version.

6. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    It very well could be that V#...it has been a while since her iphone was connected to itunes.

7. HDJulie

HDJulie Icon DBSTalk Club

Aug 10, 2008
    Go to Settings->General->About & the Version will be there. I'm still at 3.1. I decided to skip 3.1.2 which is why I am on the lookout for the next update.

8. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    3.1.2 is the latest version. And I believe it was released on 10/8.

9. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    We got her phone 10/4...I know her phone has been updated since then. Sooo I don't know about this mornings update.:confused:
    No biggie to me...I'm a BB boy. :p

10. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    That was a CARRIER UPDATE not a firmware update. Firmware is still 3.1.2.

11. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    Then that explains it. Thanks.:)