1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

irritating bouncing directv logo screensaver

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by 31505sunny, Feb 27, 2008.

1. 31505sunny

31505sunny New Member

Feb 26, 2008
    Hello
    I'm new to this forum. I just recently had the new H21 receiver installed.
    When I tune in to XM radio stations to listen to at night, I'd really like to be able to
    turn off any light emmission from the television screen. Music is great, but the light
    from the bouncing logo keeps me awake. Has anyone discovered an override?
    Really appreciate any help! .... Walt

2. SAlBO

SAlBO Icon

Jan 6, 2007
    I listen to XM all night by running the audio through a stereo receiver and turning the TV off....

3. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    You could also split the audio RCA plugs and run them into another tv input and tune to that for music. Or if you are using HDMI you could just use the rca audio for the same thing.

4. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    I run mine into a AVR so I can turn off the LCD Display to conserve energy, reduce electricity bill and to enable my LCD to last longer from less use!!!

5. Clemsole

Clemsole Godfather

Sep 8, 2005
    Washington...
    Put a blanket over the TV screen.

6. dwrats_56

dwrats_56 Godfather

Apr 20, 2007
    Columbia, MO
    I would use an old fashioned window roller shade. That way I don't have to worry about the blanket covering any vents on the TV and the TV over heating.

7. glennb

glennb Hall Of Fame

Sep 21, 2006
    Turn off the TV , go to sleep.
    :)

8. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Eyeshades? :)

9. MoonHowler

MoonHowler New Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Is there any way to turn off the Directv bouncing screensaver? I REALLY dislike it. I MUCH preferred my old HDVR2 which simply kept a frozen image on the screen of what paused. Most modern TVs do not need a screensaver.:mad:

10. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Nope.

What do you dislike about it so much that you resorted to all caps on some words and the big anger face?

11. groove93

groove93 Legend

Jun 10, 2008
    My old R10 Tivo would go blank after a couple minutes while listening to an XM channel, just turn off the TV if you have an AVR attached to your system.

12. EricJRW

EricJRW Icon

Jul 6, 2008
    Keller, TX
    HDMI to my TV
    Optical to my sound processor
    Audio on both work simultaneously.

I just don't like the idea of leaving a TV on just for the audio.

Also, even if you are using RCA for audio, there are 2 sets of RCA (L+R) jacks on the back of the H20, so splitters would not be required... Just run one set of cables to your TV, and one set to your stereo (or other sound system, even an inexpensive PC system, with RCA inputs, would do).

Disclaimer: I don't have the H20, but I took a peek at the manual...

http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/System_Manuals/DIRECTV/DIRECTV_H20_UG.pdf

PS. If you meant HR20, well the same applies.

http://www.directv.com/see/pdf/060508HR20UserGuidev1_0b.pdf

13. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    I like being able to turn off my LCD while listening to the Weather Channel or XM Radio is I am not directly in my Home Theater Room but closeby so I can be alerted to any weather news in my area. If I hear something that I want to hear again I can go turn on the LCD TV and then rewind to that point and watch it.

Very Cool!!!

I can also turn on The Weather Channel and then turn on my Tivo to XM Radio and watch the Weather Channel as I listen to XM Radio... again Very Cool!!!