1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is AT&T Sniffing Around Dish?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by SayWhat?, Dec 20, 2011.

1. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...-after-t-mobile-deal-failure-stifel-says.html

2. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Yeah, IMHO that will happen only if Charlie is ill and dying or dead. Unless, of course, he takes command of AT&T.:sure:

3. MCHuf

MCHuf Legend

Oct 9, 2011
    The writer at Bloomburg is an idiot. AT&T wanted the T-Mobile deal so they could eliminate a competitor and get extra infastructure. AT&T has plenty of spectrum, it's just that they haven't spent the money to develop the infastructure to utilize it. Verizion on the other hand actually has less spectrum than AT&T, yet they have a much more robust 4G network than AT&T. AT&T would rather spend their money buying out the competition instead of building and upgrading towers.

4. narrod

narrod Godfather

Jul 26, 2007
    If it comes down to money AT&T can buy Dish out of petty cash. They wouldn't face the same regulatory roadblocks as with T-Mobile. It doesn't sound like a good decision to me but, having spent thirty years with AT&T I am never surprised at what they do.

5. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
  6. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    What is that supost to mean?????

7. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Please on't turn this into a political thread that would have to be closed or posts deleted.

8. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...

Hope you'r right, AT&T is real proud of their pricing, everyone I know who had AT&T dropped them because of this.

9. Stalky14

Stalky14 Legend

Feb 18, 2005
    This is all the more reason for Dish to buy T-Mobile. At this point there's no better immunity from an AT&T takeover and no greater way of giving them the finger.

10. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Personally, I think AT&T should be stopped from buying anything. Maybe even forced to divest (again).

11. Dave

Dave Icon

Jan 28, 2003
    So some reporter writes a fictional story. Now some believe it true. Read the story, it is only what someone would like to see happen. We all know Charlie tried to buy DirectV at one point and the FCC turned him down from making the deal. It seems like every few months anymore we hear of someones pipe dreams or what if they bought Dish. In the end we will probably see Charlie team up with T-Mobile to get his product out to the masses via wireless. He already has the spectrum. Just another pipe dream put out there by a reporter to fantisize about it. But I like the other pipe dream better. Charlie running AT&T. Makes for a wonderful pipe dream all around.