1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Fed Ex tracking number available on D* website?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by StephenJC, Jun 18, 2012.

1. StephenJC

StephenJC Legend

Feb 26, 2012
    They are shipping me a receiver. On the D* website under my acct I see the order number, but I don't see any field for the FedEx tracking num. Is it on the D* website anywhere? Ir do I have to call to get it?

2. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    If it isn't with the order then I don't think it's accessable from the website.

I would call and ask if they can give it to you.

I'm moving this to the General Discussion forum.

Mike

3. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    I recently ordered a nomad through the website and it showed me that it had shipped but there was no tracking number. I called and after a little poking around, the CSR was able to give me the tracking number.

So, yes, call in to get the number. :)

4. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    DirecTV generally ships via 2-day FedEx, so usually by the time they have the tracking number you will get your delivery... :)

That being said, I have gotten my tracking number on-line, although twice it showed up after I received my delivery.

- Merg

5. btk89

btk89 Cool Member

Oct 8, 2011
    I wouldn't worry about it too much yet. With all of the things we have had shipped from Directv, we have received everything the very next business day. If you are still waiting after 3 days maybe then you can contact D*.

6. UhClem

UhClem Cool Member

Oct 1, 2009
    A little trick for FedEx shipments ... you can use:
    fedex.com=>Track=>TrackByReference
    There, skip the Acct# field, and put your DirecTV order # in the Reference field, fill in Country & Zip, then "Track"

The only gotcha I've had is sometime the vendor/shipper will add extra characters to the order # on the label (like -1 [even when there's no -2]). I don't know if DirecTV does this.