Is it me or DirecTV?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by thinkdc, Jan 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. thinkdc

thinkdc New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    I've been a DirecTV customer for about 10 years with no issues. About a month or two ago I decided to add DirecTV to a rental property I own, so I called DirecTV to set up a new account for that address, the CSR had a few problems understanding so she set me up with the Movers Connection since I was transferring one box to the new account and adding two more. She gave me a new account number and set up installation. Everything went fine with the installation. So I proceeded to go online and set up my new account, that went fine. About three weeks later I went online to my new acoount and it said it was still processing my order. So I called DirecTV and the CSR found the problem that the three boxes for the new account was on the old account, she assured me she fixed the problem. My bill came from my older account with around $30 extra on it. So Ilogged on to the older account to find the three receivers still on that account. As of today the new account still says "PROCESSING YOUR ORDER" an extra $30 on the older account sure beats the $125 I was going to fork over on the new account. What would any of you do in this situation? I'm having a bout of conscienceness but when I call to fix it the CSR acts like I'm an idiot for trying to fix their mistake.

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    It is your conscience.

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I have doubts about using the Movers Connection in establishing a new account.

It is likely that there are a number of things that the system doesn't like about what you're trying to do and until those roadblocks are removed, it won't proceed.

4. thinkdc

thinkdc New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    I didn't ask for the Movers Connection the CSR just set it up that way.

5. BKC

BKC Icon

Dec 12, 2007
    You've called twice, you can't be expected to devote hours everyday to this, you are a busy man. :D

6. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    I would try writing into their online support team and explain what is going on. Hopefully they can get it straightened out for you.

:welcome_s to DBSTalk!

Link: http://support.directv.com/app/ask

7. DogLover

DogLover Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    And by writing, and keeping a copy, you have documentation that you tried to resolve the issue correctly. Right now, you'd only have your word that you tried to set up the accounts properly. (And while your word is good with us here at DBSTalk, it might not help if DirecTV thought you were trying to get around the terms of service.)

8. thinkdc

thinkdc New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    But the thing is this when I set new account up the CSR gave me a new account number, when I called to get the second time the CSR looked at both accounts and said they were set up correctly. If D* thinks I'm trying to circumvent the system they really need to hire better people that can understand something thats real simple. After thinking about it the installer most likely confused the accounts when activating the system, thats why I called.

9. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Movers are used to setup a second account for the same account holder.