1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Mythbusters dead?

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by davemayo, Feb 11, 2009.

1. davemayo

davemayo Hall Of Fame

Nov 17, 2005
    Seems like there hasn't been a new episode in quite a while.

2. miketorse

miketorse Icon

Jul 29, 2008
    According to The Futon Critic website, it's fate is "TBD". It's yet to be renewed for a seventh season.

3. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Do you think they're running out of stuff to do?

4. bdowell

bdowell Icon

Mar 4, 2003
    That's a myth.

5. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    According to the Mythbusters Episode Guide, the next episodes airs on April 1st.

And, if the show was ended, they would not be asking for pairs of socks on the Discovery website.

6. dhhaines

dhhaines Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Busted ! :D

sorry I couldn't resist:sure:

7. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    They were joking. ;)

8. chainblu

chainblu Legend

May 14, 2006
    Every now and then, I'll come up with something that I think Mythbusters might be interested in. But 10 minutes later I forget what it was.

I used to like the show, but lately they've become... well boring. I still have a couple of unwatched show from last season on DVR.

9. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I'm sad to say this show has passed its prime. Not surprising, there is simply a limit to the amount of content available.

10. ImBack234

ImBack234 Godfather

Aug 26, 2008
    I can think of a few things Kari Byron would be better suited for, after all she does have a pierced tongue.:D
    [​IMG]

11. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Yeah, I'm sad about that, too - it was one of my favs. The simple fact that they're collecting pairs of socks for a "socks in the washing machine" myth tells me they're kinda desperate. It seems they're moving from myths to probability experiments.

12. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    They did that a few seasons back.

13. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    Didn't they test some kind of piercing in "Buster" when they were doing the lightning strike myth? It's been a while but I remember it because they were in that special lab and were getting some impressively long arcs of lightning (impressive for man-made that is, nothing like the real thing).

14. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Used to be one of my favorite shows, have seen every episode since the beginning (except for maybe missing a few from the last season).

Overall I agree with the others, starting to get boring and not have the flare it used to :(

15. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Yea, there seems to be a new episode every other month now. Frankly I don't find it that fun to watch any more. It was much better when Adam and Jamie actually worked with the "build team" instead of them each doing their own myths. It's time to end it.

By the way, there is a new show on Food Network called "Food Detectives" which does something similar with food myths like does alcohol really kill brain cells and what is best to combat bad breath. It's pretty funny.

16. skyboysea

skyboysea Icon

Nov 1, 2002
    That happened during season two.

17. Bluto17

Bluto17 Legend

Jan 31, 2007
    No matter what, I will always be grateful for the 'What is the fastast way to chill beer" episode.

18. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...

Thanks for the heads up on Food Detectives! That might prove interesting.

Maybe Adam and Jamie should invest some time in testing products sold on TV. Wouldn't you like to know if Mighty Putty can really pull a truck or if food stored in Green Bags lasts 3 to 4 times longer then those which are not.

19. Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    Agree, 100%.

I can't stand the myth-dorks. Kari is easy on the eyes, but those three together are just stupid. I much prefer the earlier seasons, where you still knew who the myth-dorks were , but they didn't get their own segment and their own myths. Let them assist Jamie and Adam.

I generally fast forward through the parts that don't have Jamie and Adam.

And even those aren't as good as they used to be. Like Stuart said, there is a limit to the content available, and they're just plain running out of 'myths' that are even remotely interesting.

20. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Yeah, Mythbusters has really gone down the past few seasons. I usually find myself fast forwarding through most of the stuff.
    Not really, plus after 2 episodes, Ted Allen becomes really annoying.