1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is "seek" timer no longer available on HWS

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by bnewt, Aug 28, 2017.

1. bnewt

bnewt Godfather

Oct 2, 2003
    after the forced download of the new cui, several of my seek timers no longer worked. I tried to edit a couple, but they were set up as before when they worked properly.

I then decided to delete on & try to create a new one. Now I can't create the timer since I get no results from the search. Is there a work around for this?

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    What is a "seek timer" ?

3. TheGrove

TheGrove AllStar

Jan 9, 2007
    A timer that is not channel specific. It will "seek" on all authorized channels for shows of a similar name and record them.

You can create them it is just very difficult. No longer is it a real option when creating a timer. However if you do a seek and don't find anything this is the only way you can create one. I don't remember what I had to click but once your seek fails there should be an option on the screen to create a timer and it will allow you to create a seek timer.

BTW, my seek timers still seem to work. But the new interface (which IMO is a piece of ......) has some flaky behavior with timers.

4. bnewt

bnewt Godfather

Oct 2, 2003
    I will try again, but I don't recall anything that would allow me to create a timer, especially when I got no results from the search

I agree with the new cui...........what an upgrade......slower response, features taken away.........not an upgrade imo

5. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    Select menu, home and the other tabs and you will see some of the features that were added. Like it or not, other than being slower on previous Hoppers, more was added than taken away. You may not like the choices, but they are not going back. Get a Hopper3, maybe if you complain you might get a break on upgrade, It was free for most of us when it came out. Then you will have the speed and never worry about conflicts again.

6. TheGrove

TheGrove AllStar

Jan 9, 2007
    So I had a chance yesterday to create a seek timer. Once you have your search results select the program you want to record. In the lower left corner of the screen should be an option to "Record when available". Select this option. This will create the seek timer. You can then edit this timer to set the other record options.

Grampa67 likes this.
  7. bnewt

bnewt Godfather

Oct 2, 2003
    This may work "if" you get results.......but if you get no results, then you don't get this option