1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the VIP622 18 month lease agreement negotiable?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by jcord51, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcord51

jcord51 Legend

Feb 1, 2003
    Planning on trading my 921 in for the VIP 622 and was wondering if the 18 month lease agreement could be made for less time. I have a 942 which I leased for 12 months last year, why the 18 months? What did you encounter when you got yours?
    Edit/Delete Message

2. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    Negotiable? Dish Network?

lol

No it's not. If you want to leave for some reason they'll gladly leave you alone after you pay them $13.33 * the number of months left on your contract

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Most likely not negotiable... but, having said that... why the problem with an 18 month commitment? It just seems to me that it isn't a big commitment. I would hate to be switching providers every 12 months and reconfiguring everything. I much prefer staying with one company.

4. DP1

DP1 Godfather

Sep 15, 2002
    Yeah, I went from Dish to Comcast and back to Dish again over the last 2 years and let me tell ya.. I've had it up to here after having to switch those Component cables and the optical cable 2 times!! ;)

5. jcord51

jcord51 Legend

Feb 1, 2003
    A year and a half is a long time commitment when you consider all the players that are coming into the HD arena. Take for example Verizon's use of fiber optics to enable true HD bandwidth at a lower price per channels, with higher speed broadband as a package. As of yet their service is not available in my area but will be within six months to a year and there are others waiting in the wings. I just think that 12 months would have been long enough.

6. caseystone

caseystone Mentor

Feb 21, 2006
    As a NEW customer, I could choose whether or not I wanted an 18 month term. If not, they would not refund my $50 setup (or whatever startup) fee.

Actually, that WOULD have been the choice if I has signed up directly with Dish. Since I didn't want to go through an aggravating, indeterminable wait for a 622, I signed up with a local installer when they had a 622 instock for next day install :hurah:

With them, I HAD to sign the 18 month term with Dish and I think some other vow to keep at least 12 months (so the local retailer gets their full commission maybe?).

For current customers.... I wouldn't know.

-Casey

7. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I just don't like the hassle. You have to schedule new service, call to disconnect the old... make sure new and old bills are correct before/after you pay them. Sometimes wait for service calls (if you can't pick up equipment and install yourself).

Just not worth it to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.