1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there ANY kind of reliable, workable Blu-Ray burning software out there?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Lord Vader, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Oct 8, 2012 #1 of 13
    Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    I just picked up the Hauppage device about which sigma here told me. It allows me to record HD recordings to my PC from my DirecTV receivers so I can then burn these to a BD disc for safekeeping. As someone who's new to Blu-Ray disc burning, I admit that I'm quite disappointed on the lack of user friendliness of BD burning software. The software that came with the Hauppage device I got is terrible. I've tried a couple other programs like ImageBurn and others, but so far, I have been unable to burn my recordings to BD discs. With ImageBurn I get "IO error" when selecting my external BD drive as the destination to which the burned image/file is supposed to end up. With the included Arcsoft software of the Hauppage HDPVR, I'm unable to select my BD drive and its 25GB disc onto which I wish to burn a recording. My Blu-Ray burner included Cyberlink burning software, but I have been totally unable to burn a BD disc using that, despited numerous attempts to do so. In short, the whole experience of trying to do a "simple" thing like burning recordings to a BD disc has been disappointing and frustrating.

I realize BD burning isn't the same as a simple, traditional burning of a CD or regular DVD, but this is ridiculous! To say I'm very frustrated and disappointed is an understatement. Isn't there any user-friendly Blu-Ray burning software out there? I'd prefer the free programs, but I'm willing to invest in something if it isn't ridiculously expensive.

2. Oct 8, 2012 #2 of 13
    dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
  3. Oct 8, 2012 #3 of 13
    kiknwing

kiknwing Godfather

Jun 24, 2009
    Ogden, UT
  4. Oct 8, 2012 #4 of 13
    P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
  5. Oct 8, 2012 #5 of 13
    Lord Vader

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Thanks. I'll give that a shot when I get home. I just hope it's as "easy" as it's made to appear.

6. Oct 9, 2012 #6 of 13
    Lord Vader

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Ugh!!! :flaiming

Just what the hell does it take to be able to burn a damn Blu-Ray disc?!?

I downloaded this program, browsed through it, and thought, "Wow. Looks easy and just like what I need." Well, when setting the destination to a BD disc that is 25GB in size--I'm trying to burn a 17GB, 3-hour HD recording--the damn program kept telling me that there wasn't enough space on the disc because the file was over 39GB in size! I'm like, "WTF!"

I can select the next size down, an 8GB DL disc, and the file size then shows it's a little over 7.5GB. Huh???

Why the hell is it reading the size so wildly different from what it is, that being a 17GB recording. I spent well over 3 hours--almost 4, to be exact--for the program to convert and doo all the pre-burn prep work--only to be stopped when it ejected the disc and told me to use a larger disc.

I just can't win in finding a damn good program to burn a Blu-Ray disc!

7. Oct 9, 2012 #7 of 13
    davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Ive been burning BluRay for some time and this company http://www.dvdfab.com/ has the most reliable and versatile software I've found. It's broken into modules, buy only what you need. Out of roughly 200 burned movies I have ruined only one, and it was probably my fault. Great product, easy to use.

8. Oct 9, 2012 #8 of 13
    wingrider01

wingrider01 Hall Of Fame

Sep 9, 2005
  9. Oct 9, 2012 #9 of 13
    Lord Vader

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Which one are you using? Their descriptions make it seem like they only do ripping of movies that you can burn or copy to a BD disc. I'm looking to take recordings sitting on a PC and burning them onto a BD disc from scratch.

10. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    What format are the recordings currently in?

11. Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2006
    Using FCP X on my MacBook Pro to burn my blu-rays. Very, very easy to use.

12. Lord Vader

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    .TS

13. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    DVDfab will handle that.