Is there any way to download the series manager's program list?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by rocketbill, Dec 22, 2011.

1. rocketbill

rocketbill New Member

Dec 22, 2011
    I have to replace my HR24 because it was constantly powering down, with the only way to bring it back was to pull the plug and wait til it reset/restarted. I was on two trips recently and it happened both times, losing programs during the absence. So DirecTV sent me another box, and I sure would likr to be able to transfer that list.

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    No can do.

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I use this tool:

[​IMG]

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Do you use the eraser to execute the dozens of keystrokes on the remote?

Non-luddites use a digital camera to capture an image of the list screen. Surely much safer than using a sharp, pointy instrument.

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I always knew you had a sense of humor :)

6. rocketbill

rocketbill New Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Yeah, I was afraid that was the answer. Had to do this when I had Cable too. Digital camera captures the list fine. It's just the user interface and program schedule that screw up the replacement. Those DVR H/W designers must not actually use their products, or they would have found a way to port the data to the USB interface by now.

7. sbl

sbl Icon DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2007
    You might find it easier to use Remote Scheduling (web) to reenter the recordings.

8. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    I use Excell to keep up with the dvrs. Everytime I add or delete a SL I enter the data. I only have 2 dvrs, but they are always at their 50 limit. Helps also to keep up the Major networks on their respective dvrs to keep shows separated to avoid time conflicts.

9. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Not a TiVo should be moved to the Hd DVR thread.