Isolated 775 Error?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by vinhmen, Oct 10, 2018.

1. vinhmen

vinhmen Cool Member

Feb 22, 2007
    I have had the HS17 and 4k client for about a month without issues. On Monday night we had some heavy storms in my area. I was fully expecting to get 771 messages, but surprisingly got the 775 message instead which indicates unable to communicate with satellite. When the storms passed I followed all of the troubleshooting steps - connections are tight, rebooted AND unplugged the HS17 several times.

What I found is my picture would usually come back after a reboot/unplug for about 5 minutes, but then the 775 popped up again. I say usually because once or twice the reboot did not bring the picture back.

After fooling around with it for a couple of hours I went to bed with the HS17 showing a solid yellow status indicator (775 error). Lo and behold the next morning the status was green and I had a picture again. I went ahead though and called D* to schedule a technician this Friday afternoon.

It rained heavily all day Tuesday, but I never got the 775 again. No sudden temperature fluctuations over the past few days either.

If I don't get the message again should I cancel the Friday tech visit? Or keep the appointment so the tech can come out and inspect my dish/line to ensure there are no issues? I'm just not sure what they would do since there is currently not a problem.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Check any exterior coax cable connectors. Make sure they're snug and dry.

3. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    775 is Unable to Comm to Sat - As suggest your out side rg6 Connectors may have water damage - Keep the service call and have those connections looked at

Rich likes this.