1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isolated 775 Error?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by vinhmen, Oct 10, 2018.

1. vinhmen

vinhmen Cool Member

Feb 22, 2007
    I have had the HS17 and 4k client for about a month without issues. On Monday night we had some heavy storms in my area. I was fully expecting to get 771 messages, but surprisingly got the 775 message instead which indicates unable to communicate with satellite. When the storms passed I followed all of the troubleshooting steps - connections are tight, rebooted AND unplugged the HS17 several times.

What I found is my picture would usually come back after a reboot/unplug for about 5 minutes, but then the 775 popped up again. I say usually because once or twice the reboot did not bring the picture back.

After fooling around with it for a couple of hours I went to bed with the HS17 showing a solid yellow status indicator (775 error). Lo and behold the next morning the status was green and I had a picture again. I went ahead though and called D* to schedule a technician this Friday afternoon.

It rained heavily all day Tuesday, but I never got the 775 again. No sudden temperature fluctuations over the past few days either.

If I don't get the message again should I cancel the Friday tech visit? Or keep the appointment so the tech can come out and inspect my dish/line to ensure there are no issues? I'm just not sure what they would do since there is currently not a problem.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Check any exterior coax cable connectors. Make sure they're snug and dry.

3. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    775 is Unable to Comm to Sat - As suggest your out side rg6 Connectors may have water damage - Keep the service call and have those connections looked at

Rich likes this.