1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Israeli inventor's $20 Bicycle

Discussion in 'The OT' started by trdrjeff, Oct 15, 2012.

1. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    Pretty inventive use of Cardboard

Cardboard bicycle can change the world, says Israeli inventor

[​IMG]

MOSHAV AHITUV, Israel (Reuters) - A bicycle made almost entirely of cardboard has the potential to change transportation habits from the world's most congested cities to the poorest reaches of Africa, its Israeli inventor says.
    Izhar Gafni, 50, is an expert in designing automated mass-production lines. He is an amateur cycling enthusiast who for years toyed with an idea of making a bicycle from cardboard...

http://news.yahoo.com/cardboard-bicycle-change-world-says-israeli-inventor-090732689.html

2. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    My check is in the mail.

3. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    Looking at the picture, you are inclined to say, "Yeah, Right!", but after reading the article, it seems like a great idea, with many possibilities.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Very interesting. Of course I'm mostly interested in the process of making it waterproof.

Not sure it would really work for me, at least without the motor. Not sure how much I'd be able to use a single speed without some power assist.