Issues with genie 4k

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by FLASAT007, Dec 18, 2017.

1. FLASAT007

FLASAT007 New Member

Oct 28, 2017
    All of the sudden my C61K genie isn’t responding to the remote. The picture also doesn’t look clean. I was able to turn it off and on via remote and then it says “connecting” for a while. I unplugged he power and after a good minute the connecting went away and the channel shows. Changing channels is extremely slow and the remote still doesn’t seem to really respond.
    Batteries aren’t the issue as they are new.

Anyone have this experience?

2. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Active Member

Dec 4, 2017
    As far as picture not looking "clean" I've noticed on various days that certain channels will look more compressed than other days. I've always suspected that Directv chooses different channels to compress on different days to save on bandwidth. I know for a fact that sometimes MLB Network looks pristine, other times it's kind of ragged.

As far as not responding to the remote, I haven't gotten that, but I have noticed some really bad lag times. Sometimes when I first turn on the tv/genie mini, it takes up to 40 seconds before I finally get a picture and audio. I've had my C61K replaced with the same problems (oh yeah, it also would turn off randomly). It finally occurred to me that it might be the power supply. I just had that replaced this morning and I'll see if that takes care of things.

Bottom line, modern technology is definitely NOT Ready For Primetime!

3. FLASAT007

FLASAT007 New Member

Oct 28, 2017
    My issues just started and has to be the new update from last week. After unplugging and waiting about 5 mins things have improved. Picture seems to be back to crisp and lag times back to the same delay time and not 50 secs- 2 mins.

4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Perform a System Test. Using your DIRECTV remote select Menu - Settings - Info & Test - Run System Test.