iTunes 7.7 Problems

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by davemayo, Jul 20, 2008.

1. davemayo

davemayo Hall Of Fame

Nov 17, 2005
    Is anyone having problems with iTunes v7.7? There are reports on the internet that there are bugs in this version. I downloaded it last night and it just freezes up if you have your iPod connected. It will unfreeze if you unplug the iPod, but if you plug it back in, it will freeze again.

I'm not sure, but you may need this version of iTunes to purchase the new software for the Touch and the original iPhone.

EDIT: You must have iTunes 7.7 or later to buy the software update.

2. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    None here, I have a mini and was doing a ton of work prepping for my iPhone. I was plugging and unplugging it while converting wma files to iTune friendly ones.

3. Button Pusher

Button Pusher Icon DBSTalk Club

Jan 19, 2007
    The...
    No problem using with my new iPhone so far.I have used7.7 to download and sync music and videos.

4. Slip Jigs

Slip Jigs DBSTalk Club Member

Oct 20, 2006
    There have been reports of issues with 7.7 along with the entire rollout of the new phone, MobileMe, etc.

Check macrumors.com - much info there on everything Mac.

5. davemayo

davemayo Hall Of Fame

Nov 17, 2005
    Yeah, that is the main place I saw it.

6. pprather

pprather Legend

Nov 11, 2006
    I haven't seen any issues with this release.

7. TheGreatLogan

TheGreatLogan AllStar

May 25, 2008
    now that we are hee with the itunes, the iphone works with linux?

8. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    There are definitely some issues with 7.7... The main one I'm seeing right now is the loooonnnnngggg backup times when syncing... I have also had trouble syncing once or twice too... It seems many people are having issues and Apple is aware of them... Hopefully we will see a patch sometime this week!

9. shedberg

shedberg Icon

Jan 20, 2007
    Yes, I too have seen issues with my Ipod connected and the software apparently freezing. I have shut down the program and restarted it and it works okay after that.

10. braven

braven Hall Of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I noticed the same bug a couple days ago after updating to 7.7. I sync'd up last night and Apple seems to have fixed the problem.

11. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    No problems here with iTunes 7.7 64-bit and my 6th generation 80GB iPod Classic.

12. davemayo

davemayo Hall Of Fame

Nov 17, 2005
    I just downloaded v7.7 again and it seems to be working now. Connected up my Touch and purchased the new software. It is working fine.

13. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    I haven't used it yet. Software Update downloaded and installed it the other day.