1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japanese/Anime Channels Available?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Espionage724, May 23, 2012.

1. Espionage724

Espionage724 New Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Was just wondering if there were any channels available from DirecTV that offered Japanese TV Shows and/or News, or Anime.

2. caseyf5

caseyf5 Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Bethpage,...
    Hello Espionage724,

In answer to your question you can find news (NHK Newsline) on Link TV channel 375. You can find Anime (Anime Network on Demand) on channel 1899. There might be more on an International dish (a new dish installation) as one of the choices listed on the DirecTV website heading International is South Asian (You should call DirecTV for information about installation and programming).

www.directv.com

3. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    If you are looking for Japanese-language programming, then the answer is no. On the above mentioned Link TV you can see an English-language NHK news program and, if you have an internet-connected HD DVR you can get The Anime Network on 1889, with a mix of dubbed and subbed series; also Adult Swim is bringing back Toonami on Saturday nights/Sunday morning from Midnight, ET/11:00 PM CT to 6:00 AM ET/5:00 AM CT. Word is they will add Casshern Sins and Deadman's Wonderland to perennials Bleach, FMA, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig and Cowboy Bebop.

4. KAL

KAL Godfather

Aug 31, 2008
    Almost nothing better then watching Shin Hayata raising the Beta Capsule to become Ultraman.

5. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    I had to have Dish Network for my wife just to get Japan TV. They carry all of NHKs programming. It cost $30 a month but it kept her happy.

6. Araxen

Araxen Icon

Dec 18, 2005
  7. photostudent

photostudent Godfather

Nov 8, 2007
    Tons of anime on Roku device. They just added Starz Manga today. Netflix has anime as well. I am a Directv customer but find the Roku good for niche programming.

8. red hazard

red hazard Legend DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 11, 2004
    Yeah. A buddy of mine was asking about Japanese programming channels for his wife and I advised him that E* carried one channel and DTV carried none. He promptly dropped DTV and got E*. Regrettably, I could not get a referral because I had dropped E* for decent Korean programming on DTV shortly B4.

9. mhking

mhking Legend

Oct 27, 2002
    Atlanta
    I've been watching NHK World on my Roku of late...