1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JavaScript/Google Maps Help needed!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Mark Holtz, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    I hate it when a kludged script breaks....

I'm mostly a PHP coder (self-taught), and really need to learn JavaScript. Unfortunately, I still have a lot of work to do, and JavaScript is not a priority. Theres most of my problem.

The website that I maintain, District 39 Toastmasters stores location and club info with a latitude/longitude as part of the address. This allows me to create a location info and a club info pages. When I geocode the addresses, I get the pointer fairly code, but sometimes, it needs fine tuning.

I have kludged a script by adapting it from somewhere else. Among others things:
    • It locks the map down to a specific center point in Satellite view
    • Whereever I click on the map, the pointer gets moved to that point, and updates the form
    Or, rather, it WAS working that way. :(

Can someone take a look at my code? If it is possible, I would like to be able to "grab" that point, move it to the new location, and drop it in the new location. The test script is at www.district39.org/maps/testmap.php5 . I have also attached the code. HELP!

2. deltafowler

deltafowler Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Aug 28, 2007
    I don't know anything about scripts, but the pointer stays put for me.

3. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    The script is now fixed. Had a obsolete map type in there. In addition. I have found a command or two that effective prevents the panning of the map.

The patch has already been deployed.