1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jay Leno

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by fredandbetty, Aug 24, 2007.

1. fredandbetty

fredandbetty Godfather

Jan 28, 2007
    Is it just me or is anyone else having a problem with leno tonight, we are watching the HD station, and it is NOT in Hd... the black bars are on the sides for some reason, but when i turn to TNT is is.... maybe a local channel prob?? ESPN HD is fine as well....

Just wondering...

Have a good night...:)

2. rgc1042

rgc1042 Cool Member

Dec 13, 2006
    Not to belabor the obvious, but are you sure you are watching NBC HD channel? If it does not have the HD logo you may be tuned to the SD NBC channel. We get Leno in HD without problems in Los Angeles but there are two different NBC channels (actually three if you count the national feed, also in SD).

3. fredandbetty

fredandbetty Godfather

Jan 28, 2007

Yes, i am positive it was the HD channel. and its a perfectly logical question.

4. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    The problem was probably with the local NBC affiliate. Many local stations still do
    a manual cut-over to and from the network's HD feed, for example coming out of
    a commercial break back to the network. If the EOD forgets to do the cut-over, or
    is on a potty break, viewers still see the SD feed. This still happens more often
    than it should.

The advent of HD and the requisite technical upgrades at the affiliates has made
    the station engineer's job more challenging, to say the least.

5. fredandbetty

fredandbetty Godfather

Jan 28, 2007
    Thanks!