1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jericho Renewed (Rumor)

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by GFloyd, Apr 18, 2007.

1. GFloyd

GFloyd Legend

Jun 3, 2003
  2. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Awesome! Jericho is the only show I MUST watch ASAP. I could have CSI or Close To Home or just about another show on my DVR for a week or more, but Jericho gets watched the moment I get home from work. One thing I appreciate CBS doing is not messing around. New episode just about every, no three or four week hiatus’ other then the planned break, which was fine. If only other networks could do this. Every episode answers 2 or 3 questions, but asks 5 or 6 more, I love it!

3. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Agreed about Jericho! Love this show almost as much as the BBC fare that we've been watching!

4. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    After the way they ended the season finale all I can say is they better renew this show!!! I believe the networks are announcing their fall schedules this week so we should know before too long.

5. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    NBC and ABC upfronts have been announced, CBS should be later today.

6. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    Variety is reporting it as being cancelled along with The Class and Close to Home...Link

7. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    :( Jericho was a great show, like I said above, it's the only one I had to watch right away. While the ratings weren’t good (not bad either) I thought (and hopped) CBS would get it the green lights. I'm not surprised about Close To Home. Last year is was really good, a lot of the cases were really hard hitting emotional ones, this year is was mediocre at best. I can’t believe The Unit gets a third season and Jericho doesn’t even get past the first. Out of the 8 new shows I watched this year, Shark is the only one that made it. No word on Criminal Minds I see, that better be staying.

8. UKintheUS

UKintheUS Godfather

Dec 23, 2005
    Well the producers want it to go on so lets hope someone else grabs it.

9. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Despite cliffhanger ending, show won't be back

By Rick Porter

May 16, 2007

CBS would like you to know that it was a tough decision to cancel "Jericho," its entry into last season's plot-driven serial glut.

That will probably be small consolation to the show's fans, who watched the show's first -- and only -- season end with the titular town's fate very much up in the air. But, as CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler put it Wednesday, "It just wasn't performing."

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-jerichocancellationstory,0,5645801.story?coll=zap-tv-headlines

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

10. morbid_fun

morbid_fun Godfather

Jan 16, 2007
    To be blunt: This Sucks!

11. UKintheUS

UKintheUS Godfather

Dec 23, 2005
    Sci-Fi wire have stated that CBS have said due to e-mails from fans the may try and rap up Jericho in the coming weeks.

In a statement on the official show bulletin board, CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler told fans:
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=41591

12. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Awesome! I'd be grateful for anything, but I'm hoping it's on TV, not online. But even so, I'd be grateful, no matter what.

13. NickD

NickD Legend

Apr 5, 2007
    I am anxious to watch this show, I have read some great reviews about it, we have all of the Jericho's recorded and have not watched them yet. It is ashame that it will be canceled.

14. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    You won't de disappointed, other then the fact that currently the show is cancelled. I will be purchasing Jericho on iTunes and on DVD. I'd love to watch the entire season again.

15. ralphfurley

ralphfurley Legend

Jun 12, 2004
    NUTS. Michael Ausiello at TVGUIDE.COM reports that multiple sources confirm that JERICHO will return ( at least 8 episodes) at midseason. Contracts are being signed and soundstages are being secured. CBS does something right for once, but I still wont forgive them for booting NOW & AGAIN

16. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Slight clarification, but I was just looking at the article and it says all that's left is for terms to be negotiated and contracts to be signed, along with finding a new soundstage...

But I'm all for it! :)

17. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Arrrrgh.... why are they going to bring this show back and make me watch.... :)

This was one show I had a love/hate relationship with. The acting and writing were so bad, yet I couldn't turn away....it had just enough of a hook.

18. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    This is GREAT news, really goes to show you what a group of loyal fans can accomplish.

19. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Fans Make CBS Reconsider 'Jericho' Axing

Jun 5, 11:08 PM (ET)

By LYNN ELBER

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Fans trumpeting the cause of CBS' canceled drama "Jericho" have caught the network's ear. CBS, deluged with calls, messages and shipments of nuts signifying viewer displeasure, is reconsidering its decision, a source close to the production said Tuesday.

The source spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to comment publicly. A decision on whether to bring the show back, probably for a midseason run, is imminent, the source said.

More here:
    http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/20070606/D8PJ2B680.html

20. unipat

unipat Cool Member

Sep 5, 2006