1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JetBlue will have NFL Sunday Ticket in-flight

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Greg Alsobrook, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    From Twitter:

@DIRECTV - Starting Sunday, @JetBlue will have @DIRECTV’s exclusive NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ in-flight through the regular season.

More information: http://bit.ly/JBFootball

2. dhkinil

dhkinil Icon

Dec 17, 2006
    yeah, but a lot of people are getting deals on ST which covers the whole season and not just a two hour flight for about the same price as a single round trip air ticket.

3. Boston_bill

Boston_bill Icon

Jul 23, 2009

Its not about what deals people are getting at home
    If I knew this before I booked my November trip to Phoenix with a return on Sunday I would have booked JetBlue.
    I think alot of football fans will jump on this.

4. pappy97

pappy97 Icon

Nov 14, 2009
    This is awesome, and makes sense. To the extent people don't want to fly on NFL Sunday's because of football, this would help alleviate those concerns.

There better be NO blackouts though on Jetblue, even when parked at a gate.

Hell they could even offer NFLST flights. Like a flight from California (Oakland/SF/Long Beach/etc) to NYC that departs at 10:00am Pacific (or vice versa departing at 1:00pm ET). I think JetBlue does this flight in 5:15. That would get you the entire early slate plus much of the late set.

Way to go DirecTV and JetBlue!!

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Great idea. I wonder if JetBlue is paying DirecTV for this or is DirecTV paying JetBlue?

6. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Odds are it will begin about 10 minutes into the flight and end about 10 minutes before landing.

7. Eskimo

Eskimo AllStar

Aug 2, 2010
    You can bet they won't have LOS issues.. :D

8. Garyunc

Garyunc Godfather

Oct 7, 2006
    translation = Jet Blue Sunday flights just got more expensive :)

Really I have priced their Saturday afternoon flights (during football season) before and they were always more expensive than other times.

In any case I am still happy to see this but with more airline flights now offering wi-fi Sunday ticket to go will work just as well. Well if Sunday ticket to go would work well then it would :)

9. JMII

JMII Legend

Jan 19, 2008
    South Florida
    I don't care how much JetBlue charges - between comfortable seats with actual leg room and personal DirecTV they are my preferred air carrier.