Jets-Pats blacked out!!!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Eksynyt, Oct 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Eksynyt

Eksynyt Icon

Feb 8, 2008
    Seriously? What is wrong, why won't they put the channel in the clear? I've got the Raiders-Texans game still on my CBS and they won't go to the Jets game. I'm paying good money for Sunday Ticket and I can't watch the game I want to...this is idiotic!!!

2. alevine1986

alevine1986 Godfather

Jul 10, 2007
    Yea, I have the same issue. Watching on the mix channel, which is way too small. The clock in that game just won't move.

3. alevine1986

alevine1986 Godfather

Jul 10, 2007
    They finally lifted the blackout for me on 714. I had to watch half the first quarter on the small game mix window.

4. HGuardian

HGuardian Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    absolutely asinine. They need to err on the side of the customer who pays them over a $1000/yr, not on the side of the networks.

5. zimm7778

zimm7778 Hall Of Fame

Nov 11, 2007
    They will if ST subs start really decreasing and finally listen to complaints of why. Are commercial establishments stuck with the same blackouts we are? I know they can't show a blacked out for a local non sellout, but would a sports bar have not had the start if this game too if it was on a local affiliate?

6. paco1986

paco1986 Icon

Mar 26, 2007
    How ST should work happened out here in Southern California. Since my local affiliate was going to carry the Chargers-Broncos game after the Raiders game, I thought the game would be blacked out on the ST channel. But to my pleasant surprise, the Chargers game was in the clear. So I did not miss the beginning of the game! Midway through the 1st quarter, the game did eventually get blacked out. At that point, I simply tuned to my local affiliate and continued watching there.

This is how ST should work. Too bad it didn't work out in your case.

7. alevine1986

alevine1986 Godfather

Jul 10, 2007
    Eventually, that's how it worked for me. At the first the ST channel was blacked out, but they eventually put it in the clear and blacked it out again at the end of the first quarter after the Raiders/Texans game was over and I could watch on local CBS. However, it took Directv 1/2 the first quarter before they finally put the ST channel in the clear.

I know they can't monitor every local market, so an easy solution would seem that all late afternoon games from the network that has the double header are shown in the clear on the ST channel until all the early games on that network are over.