Joey 3's glitch

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by tcpuccio1, Dec 25, 2019.

1. tcpuccio1

tcpuccio1 New Member

May 13, 2012
    I I have had this system for just about a month a hopper and 4 joey 3's brand new system. There was an update to the system on 12/18 and since then on 3 different occasions all of the joey's will just glitch freeze and sort of buffer all at the same time either watching live TV or something on DVR. the hopper is rock solid even when the joey's glitch. I have to reset the hopper or cycle the power to it to get the joey's to work again. every time it has happened the Hooper is on watching something when the joey's go out. I have yet to have it happen with the hopper not on and running. Is this a common issue with this system or is it just a coincidence that it got an update last week and now it glitches ? As always thank you in advance guys/gals!

2. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Your 3 joeys use the Hopper 3 for whatever they are displaying so the problem is probably in the Hopper 3 not the Joeys.

3. tcpuccio1

tcpuccio1 New Member

May 13, 2012
    Yes I figured that just curious If I'm the only one it happens to or it's a common issue with this latest software update? it updated the very first nigh tI had it and nothing for a few weeks was flawless and then this last update it is acting up …

4. tcpuccio1

tcpuccio1 New Member

May 13, 2012
    old thread back to life. 2 month later I am still having issues once a week or so same issue. dish came out to look at the set up and didn't find anything wrong with the set up but I still have the same issue they are reluctant to condemn the hopper as the issue. when it happens all of my joey boxes quit working they glitch for live TV and for anything on DVR when it happens I looks in settings and they are all linked and the signal is strong. It has to be the Hopper right? what do I need to do to get them to commit to sending me another receiver to swap out this one. and now I have 2 + months of shows saved up that need to get transferred over.

5. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Get a 2TB external USB harddrive to copy all your content to. I'd get started pretty quick because it will take quite a spell to get everything.

Fortunately, you CAN play it from the external drive and not have to move it to the replacement Hopper. This should work as long as your account number doesn't change.

6. tcpuccio1

tcpuccio1 New Member

May 13, 2012
    thank you. I still am having an issue with this they have sent out 2 different people to the house to look at the install and they can't find anything wrong. last visit they swapped out the lead in cable for the Hopper down to the main hub in the basement and guess what it's still glitching. I for the life of me don't know what they will not commit to it being an issue with the receiver? they are quick to give you all new equipment when you sign up but if you have a hardware issue which is what this seems to be they are reluctant to swap out a receiver. they have removed into the receiver 5 times now. 3 times I have called when it's glitching. as soon as they log in the joeys instantly clear up and they say we can't find anything wrong??? getting pissed off their customer service is horrible!

7. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Dish leases the receivers to you so many are reused not new. Give loyalty dept. a call with a threat to cancel, you might get some service.

8. tcpuccio1

tcpuccio1 New Member

May 13, 2012
    2 service visits and 4 phone calls with remote in's to the system and they finally decided to send me a replacement receiver. Waiting on the replacement to arrive. It took me blowing them away on a survey before someone actually listened.

9. tcpuccio1

tcpuccio1 New Member

May 13, 2012
    Well made it a week before it glitched again. WTH could be the issue here. same problem as before none of the joey's work glitch... on thing I noticed is when I look in the network the MOCA #'s are high the hopper is at 5 the other 4 receivers are anywhere between 15 to 18 I'll assume that is a loss of network??? If so what could be my root cause?