John Oliver on ATT (his parent company)

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by pogo, Nov 5, 2018.

1. pogo

pogo AllStar

Oct 31, 2007
    John Oliver took two good jabs at ATT last night. I guess those who don't have HBO didn't get to see it.. ;-( Unfortunately, since the whole context that led to both comments was political, I can't really describe them any better than a dig at ATT CS wait times and one at poor signals.

2. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I read on another site that that AT&T wants Dish to pay for a 30% subscriber base, rather than the 20% that Dish currently has. If this is true, how can Dish increase the 10%, by giving HBO away or at the discounted rate? What does Dish pay AT&T for each subscriber? Dish is not in the business to lose money.

3. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    If that is true, I wouldn't be surprised if Dish told them "don't let the door hit you on the way out. We don't need your programming tHAT badly..."

4. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    For people that like to watch Bill Maher, you can watch full episodes of his show on youtube via your Hopper. One less thing you need to pay HBO for.

salyavin likes this.
  5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    18 minutes of John Oliver's show list week (and each previous week) are also posted on the Tube of You.

salyavin and pogo like this.