1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Johnny Carson

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by dummyproof, Jan 23, 2005.

1. dummyproof

dummyproof Godfather

Jan 30, 2004
    As most will have already heard by now, Johnny Carson passed away today.

He may not have been the first in the "talk show" chair, ...but he most certainly was the best. Not to mention, the most respected as well.
    Too bad we didn't get to see much of him after he retired from "The Tonight Show".

2. Frank Z

Frank Z Godfather

Nov 15, 2002
    Sad news indeed. He was a master at making us laugh. Rest in peace Johnny.

3. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    Wow, that's a big loss. There has been NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, who can come close to Johnny's legacy. He was the best, the ultimate. Late night has never been as good since he left.

4. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    :(

5. zman977

zman977 Godfather

Nov 8, 2003
    Ageed, he will be missed. I also posted the story in the potpori forom before I noticed it was in this forum.

6. TerryC

TerryC Icon

Jul 18, 2002
    The funny thing about Johnny was that his jokes weren't that great but his reaction to the bad reception they got was what made his monologues so good. To get laughs out of nothing takes a unique talent.

Of course it's easy to get laughs when a small monkey climbs on your head and pees on you. :lol:

I feel like I've lost an old friend this weekend. :(

7. wkomorow

wkomorow DBSTalk Club Member

Apr 22, 2002
    His greatest legacy will probably be the number of comedians and musicians that began their rise to stardom with a guest appearance on the Tonight Show. Many of the popular performers today from Bett Midler to Tim Allen to Bill Cosby got major career boasts by being his guest.

8. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003
    You can buy an entire show from start to finish at his site. I believe he has them all. I have many times and it includes the original commercials. Cost some money but it's worth if for some of the shows.

9. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    What's his web site?

10. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
  11. wkomorow

wkomorow DBSTalk Club Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Sirius 146 (Cracked Up Comedy) was planning his monologues during the evening commmute home this evening.

12. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    Raw Dog had them this morning too... I have the last week of the tonight show on vhs somewhere, gonna have to hook it up and watch...