1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joplin/Pittsburg DMA Locals Added!!!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by joshjr, Feb 17, 2012.

1. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    KOAM and KFJX have been added in HD to DirecTV's lineup if you live in their DMA the channels should be on now. There is some back story as to why it appears. Some of the Joplin DMA was on the verge of possible getting Tulsa FOX and CBS instead and then to find out that Dish told the same to stations to take a hike after asking for a 300% increase. What ever the reason I am happy to say that DirecTV now offers all 4 of the big four in the Joplin/Pittsburg DMA. I never thought I would see the day. I guess myself and Dish helped force Danny Thomas's hand. Yeah, score one for the good guys. Now time to refer people like crazy. I see alot of Dish customers moving if they dont get those channels back soon.

2. dettxw

dettxw MRVing

Nov 21, 2007
    Choctaw, OK
    Congrats and happy viewing!
    No CW?

3. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Yeah they import the DC CW. FOX is channel 14 but that is what they had the CW on. I am not home to check to see if they are both that or what. I will be checking it out tonight though.

4. mchouse

mchouse Mentor

Apr 2, 2007
    FINALLY !!!! Ive been waiting a long time for this , If dish drops them I know a bunch of people that will switch to DTV...

5. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    There are a ton of mad E* customers commenting on KOAM & KFJX's shared Facebook page. I bet KOAM and KFJX called DirecTV and lowered their fee a little and DirecTV said okay. Then they launch them today and find out oh that Dish Network is in a battle over a rate increase which now tells me why they were willing to finally deal with DirecTV. This does not look well for the affiliates or the future of all local affiliates.