Jump to date and time with Genie

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ThomasM, Jun 24, 2021.

1. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    How to you bring up the "jump to date and time" menu when viewing the guide on a Genie? The manual says you just press the - (dash) key but that brings up the Smart Search screen on my Genie.

2. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 19, 2010
    Try the zero key.

3. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    The fast forward button jumps 12 hours?

4. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    The zero key does nothing and yes you can jump ahead 12 hours. But my old R22 had a "jump to date and time" menu option when you pressed the yellow button while viewing the guide. The Genie instruction manual says this menu can be brought up by pressing the - (dash) key but that brings up the smart search screen. Oh well I guess I can just keep advancing in 12 hour steps until I get to the entry I want.

5. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Using your DIRECTV remote press GUIDE. Then press 0. This will bring up the Guide Options Menu. You'll see the following...Sort Programs by Category...Jump to Date & Time...Change Favorites List...Pay Per View. Scroll down to Jump to Date & Time and SELECT.

6. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    What I do --(using the remote) Press-Guide --then press 0 ---When I bring up the guide -I type what channel I want to Start with -Then Press 0

7. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yup, you guys are right-pressing the zero key DOES bring up the guide menu. I can't figure out why it didn't work the first time I tried it.