1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a Typical Day at Work In Florida

Discussion in 'The OT' started by DarrellP, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarrellP

DarrellP Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Florida Power & Light Working At Orlando Intern'l Airport:

After seeing this I would definitely want hazardous duty pay!
    Just another day at work in the beautiful Florida Sun!!!
    A Florida Power & Light crew putting in lines for an addition
    to the Orlando International Airport found the following
    in a culvert they were using...

The gator is/was 18' 2" long.
    The rattlesnake roundup totaled 87.

Attached Files:

2. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    Looks like Sandy Rios and a convention of the Concerned Women for America :D

3. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    And I thought the place where I worked was a snake pit!!

4. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    That gator was twice the size of your television. :lol:

5. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    "Snakes! It hadda be snakes!"

6. jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    Yegods!!! I'm a huge Pogo fan, but that's what you get when you decide to live in a swamp. Come to Hawaii! No lizards bigger then a gecko and not only no poisonous snakes, no snakes period. At least not yet. :sure:

OK, we got sharks. But so does FLA.

7. Strong

Strong Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 30, 2003
    Geckos?? Give me a freaking break! Our mosquitos could kick your geckos ass with one wing tied behind its stinger. Our palmetto bugs (AKA Mr. Cockroach) would have those darn things as pets!

And your sharks are minor league. They snag an arm and they are happy. Ours have to be dragged out of the sea and shot in the head 4 times before they give up the mangled remains. http://edition.cnn.com/2001/US/07/19/shark.attack/

if you want to get leid, go to Hawaii. If you want to see scary beasts come to FL. Tickets for the Janet Reno home tour start at $10 for adults...

8. Jim Parker

Jim Parker Icon

Aug 12, 2003
    Strong
    I've seen your mosquitos, they are minor league compared to ours. We have two types of mosquitos, the large B52 sized ones and the smaller F15s. The bombers ones are fun to hunt with a 12 gauge shot gun and 1/0 buckshot. A 16 guage with #6 birdshot is best for the smaller, faster skitters. Not even the larger skitters could bite thru the hide on the back of your gators, so they would just flip it over and go in thru the underbelly. The faster skitters don't need to do that, they just go for the tongue. They could fly in and suck the gator dry before it could close it's mouth.

We have sharks here too, but nowbody knows if if they are maneaters or not. Anybody who goes into our water doesn't last long enough for the sharks to find him.

OK, you win on Janet. Not even our 1000 lb Kodiak brown bears stand a chance. :D

9. jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    And this is why we have placed several thousand miles of ocean between us and the rest of you masochists.:D

10. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Being a transplanted Minnesotan now living in Florida, I know mosquitos. Your's are no mosquitos. Minnesota mosquitos are the state bird. Florida mosquitos are whimps in comparison. In Minnesota they are unionized. They are represented by the AFM (American Federation of Mosquitos). They fly in sqadrons and have been known to fly in mass after grazing cattle and carry the largest of the heards away for storage over the long cold winter months and later consumption.

Then again though, I have to hand it to you, Minnesota has nothing so horrible as a Janet Reno. :eek2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.