1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got a new TV tuner and I ordered this

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by SParker, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SParker

SParker Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    Please tell me this IR blaster will work with the HR20... :confused:

http://www.xpcgear.com/xpremote.html

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    My question is why would you want to use it?
    I have one as it comes with the MCE 2005 and have connected the H20 with it, but since the HD can't be sent to the MCE 2005, I've moved to the HR-20.
    All that remote can do is change channels & nothing else.
    I prefer the RF mode of the HR-20 remote.

Maybe if you post more about what you're wanting to do I could be of more help.

3. SParker

SParker Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    Well I watch a lot of TV via my TV tuner. Don't know why I guess I'm an oddball :)

I want to be able to use Vista Media Center as well but you need an IR blaster in order to use it. So it seems if it worked with your H20 it should with the HR20 right?

4. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    you bet, and with the S-Video connection, you can watch all the SD programing you want.
    Might I recommend just getting a SD [D-11] box for your media center? This way you will have no format issues. One of the annoying things with my H20 was having it set for my HD TV, but getting pillarbox out the S-Video to my PC. This meant the box put pillarboxes & then this was sent out over SD causing the media center to get them twice. To reduce this you will need to set the HR-20 to stretch mode [making viewing bad] which clears up the pillarbox on the S-Video.

5. SParker

SParker Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    Hmmm I haven't had a problem with the HR20 over s-video..

6. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    It's been some time since I used mine...But I do remember pillarbars on video [SD] that I was making DVDs out of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.