1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just In: Brittany Murphy is dead at 32

Discussion in 'The OT' started by LarryFlowers, Dec 20, 2009.

1. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
  2. Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2006
    RIP

far too young!

3. bigshew

bigshew Legend

Feb 26, 2007
    And about the same age as Karen Carpenter. Was she anorexic too. I've noticed she'd lost a good deal of weight the past 5 years or so.
    I liked most of her work. Sad.

4. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    My favorite Murphy quote: "Rollin' with the homies."

5. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    RIP Luanne Platter
    [youtube]n84Z8yTIFnE[/youtube]

6. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    That's crazy, way too young.

7. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    What percentage of Hollywood people are reported to have died of cardiac problems versus the rest of the population? No aspersions cast towards this particular Hollywood person, who I have never heard of, but reported cardiac related deaths allegedly incurred by seemingly healthy Hollywood folk in the 30-50 year age range seem to outnumber those in the general population by a ratio of a good ten-to-one

8. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    "Cardiac arrest" just means her heart stopped. It's not normally considered the cause of death in someone 32 years old who is otherwise healthy.

It's sad. RIP.

9. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    What a shame.Very sad indeed.She was only 32. RIP.

10. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I was thinking the same thing.

11. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Agree its very sad.

Suspect we'll know more soon - she was known to have been into drugs for several years...still very sad so young.

12. jazzyd971fm

jazzyd971fm Godfather

Sep 1, 2007
    My thoughts exactly :( R.I.P.

13. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
  14. Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    I saw this on CNN a while ago... certainly sad when someone so young passes away - celebrity or not....

The only thing the struck me in reading the CNN article was this:

If there is no sign of foul play, the coroner is indicating natural causes.... why are homicide and robbery detectives at her home? It doesn't strike me as SOP to open a homicide investigation for someone who collapsed in their home of, apparently, natural causes... Maybe it is normal - I'm not a cop and I don't even pretend to play one on TV - but it struck me as odd when I read that part of the article.

15. rudeney

rudeney Hall Of Fame

May 28, 2007
    A friend and coworker of mine died in her early thirties of heart disease. She had no symptoms and no risk factors (no drugs, alcohol, no weight problems, etc.). They found the cause to be a congenital heart defect. It was quite sad as she left behind a husband and a one year old child. She's the one who gave me the nickname "Rudeney". She did that really for no particular reason; she just had cute names like that all of her friends. I am sure regardless of the cause, Ms. friends and Murphy's family will miss her.

16. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It is common to assume the worst when Hollywood is involved ... but people do die unexpectedly without any dramatic reason. The primary sign of heart disease is death.

17. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    Karen Carpenter also died of cardiac arrest at 32, and it was attributed to her battle with anorexia.

18. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    From the latest at the LA Times:
    Unless it was something really weird, they'll like know soon after the autopsy.

19. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    The term, "foul play" is a vague term that means different things to different people. I don't consider a death induced by voluntary use of illegal hallucinagenic or recreational drugs to be foul play. I think that when dozens of actors died in the late 1960s and throughout the entire decade of the 1970s, it was easy to sweep drug overdoses under the rug. It is surely much harder today to get a physician/coroner to file a false or misleading death report since the public scrutiny is greater and the means for repudiating inaccurate autopsies is so definitive. Over the last year, when I've wondered what ever happened to that guy who played Sargent Carter on Gomer Pyle, or Jarrod Barkley, or the captain of the Enterprise in the plot episode, I find out that they never did much else because they all allegedly had heart failures.

20. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    From this story: