1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just lost all transpondres on tumer 2-anybody else!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Beckzilla, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Beckzilla

Beckzilla Legend

Oct 28, 2007
    SWM working perfectly. HR22..All zeros on all transponders on tuner 2.

2. Beckzilla

Beckzilla Legend

Oct 28, 2007
    just did about 3 RBR's and satellite setup...still same problem...cleaned off dish...started getting error 771 on all channels and now channels are just blank. Help satellite setup stated no signal on tuner 2...all test channels pass good.

3. rhambling

rhambling Godfather

Dec 19, 2007
    unplug the box for about 10-15 minutes and unplug the swm PI.

4. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    SWM here... no issues.

5. nickff

nickff Legend

Dec 8, 2007
    My DVRs are out, but my HD receiver works just fine. Very frustrating.

I can watch items that have been previously recorded, but nothing live.

6. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    I believe that "static electricity buildup" CAN cause these problems in some instances so it this is the case then unplugging your equipment for 15 minutes or more could dissipate the electricity buildup and allow you DVR to function normally again. This is not always the case but this has solved alot of peoples problems experiencing these symtoms.

7. nickff

nickff Legend

Dec 8, 2007
    We had ~35 mph winds yesterday and my dish is on a pole. DirecTV rep scheduled a realignment.

8. bhelton71

bhelton71 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '09

Mar 7, 2007
    I didn't lose anything entirely - but every gust of wind was getting a 771 error - very hard to watch anything like that.

9. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Gusts of wind are the number one reason for "static electricity buildup" so that could be a possibility but your dish could be moving also.

10. nickff

nickff Legend

Dec 8, 2007
    Everything is working today (no wind). Automated call from DirecTV said that our area experienced a weather "issue" during the time of my outing. Asked if I wanted to cancel my appointment for realignment.

The installer did not put my pole into any cement. He just hammered into the soil. Should I have them re-install the dish and pole in cement?

11. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    If the problem was caused by slight movement of the dish then it couldn't properly lock onto the signal.

Or "static electricity buildup" can cause fluctuations in the signal as it is sent to the dish. Normally it happens when it is sending a 22 MHz signal with an 18 Volt signal to retrieve Even Transponders off of Sats 99 & 103. This is why when people unplug everything from their DVRs and plug them back in after the "static electricity buildup" has dissipated then their DVR starts working normally but then "static electricity buildup" builds back up and they experience the problem again. This happens alot if your equipment is not properly grounded.

Is your equipment grounded?

12. nickff

nickff Legend

Dec 8, 2007
    I have no idea if it is grounded or not. I didn't install it. Bluegrass Sat. did. I know I should have asked, but with the move-in, I was a little preoccupied. :)

13. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Installers historically are there to go in get it set up and get out as quickly as possible and if there was no apparent reason that grounding was an issue they can walk free. However, for alot of reasons safety being one they should have grounded your dish if they indeed did not.

That can easily cause "static electricity buildup" to a point where it interferes with the electronics of the DVR sending it signal which is electrical in nature and can cause the LNBs not to respond correctly or at all.

14. David MacLeod

David MacLeod New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    possibly rubbing the dish with some Bounce dryer pads will help.

15. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Why didn't I think of that?:lol: