1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just saw Shrek 2

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by Chris Blount, May 24, 2004.

1. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Pretty good movie. There are a lot of subtle gags so it's going to take a few more viewings to catch everything. Definitely worth seeing though.

One piece of advice. Don't leave too quickly. There's another scene about a minute into the end credits.

2. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003
    Liked the first one. Did not like this one.

3. cclement

cclement Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 22, 2004
    2 was good, I thought it started a little slow, but the last half hour was great. Staying for the credits is a must!

4. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Yes, it was funny...... My daughter was disappointed that the Female Dragon wasn't in it, and started to complain as she was leaving..... Not 5 seconds later, the scene with her in it comes on......

Neat trick.

I REALLY liked it. Dozens of in jokes for the adults (The giant Gingerbread cookie is called Mongo..... Blazing Saddles fans will get the reference).

Gotta go, time to get some dinner at Burger Prince.......

5. sampatterson

sampatterson Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 27, 2002
    It was a great movie. I liked the first one - not just for the humor but I thought the computer animation was outstanding. The 2nd one is even better but I found myself forgetting it was animated because the characters were so interesting and there were so many gags and funny lines I couldn't stop laughing. There are jokes for every age group also which is really cool, from grandparents all the way down to the kiddies. A really entertaining movie.