1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just some Dish and Direct talk.

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by DishnetSuperfan, Apr 18, 2017.

1. DishnetSuperfan

DishnetSuperfan New Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Enochville, NC
    Welcome! As you know, I am new to the DBSTalk forums, and I am very curious about the satellite happenings. In my lifetime, we had big, black C-band antennas that were very big up until 1994 and 1996, that we first had DirecTV and switched to Dish Network. Under Dish, we had their Legacy receivers, the DishPro receivers and our formerly current DishDVR 625 receiver that we had, until we switched back to DirecTV about 2 years ago, due to the bill rising up a little bit, and the Hopper. Of course, our satellite reign was declared over when we decided to cancel DirecTV and started using Netflix. But at least, we kept 2 DirecTV receivers with 2 remotes that I still have, and the DirecTV SlimLine dish and its SWM LNB is still standing in the roof, even after cancelling DirecTV. Today, I did a daring task of removing the SWM LNB from the dish and placed it in my garage. On the Dish Network side, I still have 2 remotes and the DishDVR 625 receiver, but prior to switching to DirecTV, we had the "dishHD" dish instead of the usual "Dish Network 500" dish. Unfortunately, the dishHD dish was taken away to the scrapyard, and all I have left of the Dish side, is, 2 remotes that are in my bedroom and the one 625 receiver that is stored in the garage, along with the SWM LNB that I recently took off the dish, near it. Of course, I bought 2 Dish remotes, mainly from the yard sales in the areas of the NC Piedmont, mainly in Rowan and Iredell counties. 2 of the remotes that I bought from the yard sales, were from the Legacy era, before the DishPro era began. By the way, by concluding the story of my satellite life, I want to say that I still have satellite stuff thankfully, even after cancelling services with 2 familiar providers that I had. The end.

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Well, welcome! I didn't see a question in your post?

Rich

3. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Before you ask Directv SWM is not compatible with DISH LNB's.
    Congratulations you do have a fine collection of old boat anchors.

4. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Still waiting for a question from the TS.

Rich

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Questions are not required. :)

6. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I'm aware of that, don't see much point in a post without a point, tho.

Rich

7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Just saying hi for now. Sorry you missed the point.

rakstr and Rich like this.