1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just talked to Tech Support

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Andrew Sullivan, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Andrew Sullivan

Andrew Sullivan Member

Dec 7, 2017
    After spending 23+ minutes on hold I talked to Tech Support regarding four issues I've been having since I switched to the HS17 in January. 1. Stuttering sound on live and recorded material every hour or so. (answer), Known software issue that will be fixed by end of August. 2. Picture and sound drop several times a day (answer), known software issue that will be fixed by the end of August. 3. 4K box unchecks itself everyday (answer), known issue and no idea when it will be fixed. 4. Recording a particular daily show on more channels then I specify (answer), known issue and no idea when it will be fixed. She mentioned that a couple of these issues are strictly with the HS17 but since the HS17 is an upgrade from the HR54 they cannot switch me back to the HR54. I told her that made no sense at all but what the heck, let's make the customer suffer. By the way, in May I called about these same four problems I was told that these software issues would be fixed by the end of July, which was yesterday.

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    If the two got fixed by tomorrow or Friday, I wouldn't be too critical between 'end of July' and Aug 2 and 3.

But if I were a betting man, I'd bet that none will be fixed by then.

3. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    All of these are known issues not specific to the HS17. People with HR44/54 units are getting the same intermittently

4. Andrew Sullivan

Andrew Sullivan Member

Dec 7, 2017
    I said "couple" not "all" of these issues. I don't ever recall having stuttering with my HR54 or recording all channels when I only want a show recorded on one channel. Also it was May when I was told the end of July. "D's" track record for fixing software problems does not leave me optimistic.

5. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    They don’t give a shit anymore, and the ones that do have their hands tied. AT&T’s mismanagement ruined the software engineering department. Until it starts making a noticeable impact in AT&T’s bottom line, they will allocate as little resources as possible for bug fixes like that. The whole department is a income sucker. Attention is given to departments that are income generators, not losers. You’d think AT&T would have deep enough pockets to pay people to fix these things. Nope, they are too busy spending it on mega mergers like Time Warner.

I’m on software 1088 on HR44 and have issues too. Not the stuttering issue, but the other issues you list. Heck, I can’t even watch on demand without the whole system freezing during the “optimizing video quality” or whatever it says in the beginning. I do a clearmybox once a week to flush it out... issues persists. It’s ever since this 1088 version I got at the end of June.

6. Banditx

Banditx New Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CA
    Under Audio settings, make sure Dolby Audio is disabled.

7. Andrew Sullivan

Andrew Sullivan Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Dolby is off even though I don't understand why this is necessary