1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just two channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by sstv, Aug 22, 2010.

1. sstv

sstv Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    DALLAS TX
    Hi All
    My equipment is:HR24-500, H23, LNB3 swm and AM21.
    My sat signal readings are all good with 99C being the lowest with readings in the mid 80's. The problem only occurs on the HR24
    Channels 281 and 209 pixelate/771 for no apparent reason. If 281 goes then checking 209 finds its gone to. Never one or the other. The pixelation will last any where from a few seconds to a few minutes. Blue sky, hot/cold, calm or windy it dont matter.
    I have quickly checked other channels, but only found no problems.
    I replaced the coax feeding the HR24, moved the feed from the PI to the splitter with no change.
    I think the HR24 has a bad tuner. Service call sced. for Tuesday
    What do you think????
    SSTV
    since 94

2. gfrang

gfrang Hall Of Fame

Aug 29, 2007
    Could be a bad b band converter,try swapping them if you have any spares.

3. sstv

sstv Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    DALLAS TX
    SWM, no B Bands required
    SSTV
    since 94

4. gfrang

gfrang Hall Of Fame

Aug 29, 2007
    Sorry i missed that but you can try swapping the box to where a good box is or wait till the tec comes out.Whatever is cheaper or the best for you.

5. sstv

sstv Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    DALLAS TX
    Hi All
    We had a power outage yesterday and the new software downloaded last night. The problem has not occurred today so maybe its been fixed. Time will tell.
    I went to the DTV "General technical discussions" site and saw a posting titled
    "Help with SWIM System. The OP was having the same problem as I had.
    Some of the responses were "bad lnb" and/or the DECCA in the HR24 trying to "talk" to the H23.
    Their solution was to put a DECCA or a Band Stop filter on the H23, MRV not required.
    This sounds a bit odd.
    In the end, the installer could not correct the problem so he "UN-SWIM" the system and installed a 4 wire lnb, ran the extra coax and now the system is working fine.
    I bet OLD SCHOOL would have a field day with this.

SSTV