Justice TV

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by mwdxer, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Dish added another diginet, Justice TV #252, Not my favorite, but I do watch it at times on local OTA 08.2 (KGW Portland) at times. Keep going Dish. Love those diginets. Grit TV is a good one too.

1 person likes this.
  2. zeebre12

zeebre12 Member

Dec 28, 2014
    new york
    I like the crime programs on Escape.I wonder will they add Escape as they have added Grit and they are owned by the same company? Also isnt Cozi TV part time on a religious channel called FETV, could this go full time like LAFF on Blue Highways?

3. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I believe COZI TV is part owned by NBC, as it is on the NBC satellites along with Telemundo. Since FETV's satellite feed carries COZI part time, that is why we get get it. METV is also a popular diginet that I heard Dish is wortking with getting a National feed on that too. METV owner has Heroes & Icons, another good one. Then there is RTV (Retro TV), Buzzr (Old game shows) A couple others are Bounce and Movies, as well as Tribune's Antenna TV and THIS TV. There are a lot of popular diginets out there.

4. nmetro

nmetro Godfather

Jul 11, 2006
    Well, here is anything the broadcast OTA in the US:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_over-the-air_television_networks

If you like "Star Trek" H&I shows all 5 series M-F (7 -9 PM, 11PM - 2(AM ET) On Sunday, they show the animated series, plus all 5 live actions for 7PM ET to 1 AM. All uncut, and runs in an hour or half hour; no added commercial time. Seem like all their shows also follow this pattern.

Comet also seems to run programming uncut, as well. They just started running the original "Outer Limits"; all 49 eerie episodes.

And if you like MSTK3000, H&I and Retro both air an episode a week. The Pluto Android App has a channel dedicated to MSTK3000.

It is nice to have GRIT, JusticeTV, and GetTV. Let's home we see more of these network added. Many of these channels are better than the cable equivalents. The more of these DISH adds, the less I need to trying to get a antenna to pull in weak low powered channels, where some of these channels are placed, in Denver.

As for MeTV, Weigel owns (from their Wiki page):
    • Decades (joint venture with CBS Broadcasting, Inc.) (launched May 25, 2015) (A combination documentary, entertainment channel, weekend marathons of a vintage show, M-F a daily show which concentrates on a decade from the1940s forward; M-F programming run in 3 repeating 8 hour blocks)
    • Heroes & Icons (launched September 29, 2014)
    • MeTV (Memorable Entertainment Television)
    • Movies! (joint venture with Fox Television Stations) (a 24 hour Movie channel, similar to TCM or FXM, but it does run commercials).
    A deal, if one ever happens, could bring up to four channels.

5. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    With my big dish, most of the above channels are FTA. Antenna TV is scrambled, Get TV , not available, but the rest are there on different birds. METV even has their HD feed up there. I watched Heroes & Icons for sometime as they ran the Untouchables from 59-63. A show I liked as a kid, but my parents would not let me watch it as it was so violent. The Comet now streams for free too. Roku has an app, under another channel. I like Buzzr for the old games shows, the B&W versions of What's My Line?, I've Got a Secret, and To Tell The Truth. OTA we have METV, The Comet, Get TV, Decades, COZI, & Laff. We are supposed to get THIS TV come the end of the year. Not everything, but not a bad assortment for OTA.

6. xmguy

xmguy Active Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Middle, TN
    I would like to see This TV as well as more diginet channels. That's why I would never return to DirecTV.

7. xmguy

xmguy Active Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Middle, TN
    I was hoping this new channel would have the classics of Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack.

8. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I agree. Dish has a nitch, no one else has, except maybe cable. That is, "if" the diginet service is on in the city you live in it or close by. If Dish can get rights to more diginets they have something pretty special. Many TV viewers today, love the old TV show fare. Like this past week, Decades on 6.3 KOIN Portland carried episodes of 77 Sunset Strip. It was great watching the show I liked as a child.

2 people like this.
  9. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Diginets are just subchannels with a marketers name... And I hate them with a passion. they have made picture quality worse than ever on hd stations....

10. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Not with Portland. We get several here and the HD pq on the main channel looks fine. In fact Get TV (SD) is better on 6.2 (KOIN) than the pq on Dish. METV on 2.2 (KATU) runs 720p as does KATU. Great pq on both channels. A lot has to do with how many diginets the station runs too. Some really load them on. I get several diginets on my big dish and some of the diginets themselves do not run good pq. So how can the station get good pq? Then there are some services that only stream and depending on how much bandwidth they use. Some look good and others do not. One problem today is there are too many HDTV sets that are not made for SD. I have a Toshiba that runs 720p. I bought that as it does well on SD. Too many that upconvert to 1080 look horrible in SD. My brother in law has as a 40" Vizio that looks bad on SD channels, so they never watch SD. I shopped for some time before I brought the Toshiba as I have a lot of SD material including Beta & VHS tapes. Material I'll never find on DVD. So I had to find something that would work both HD & SD. I am pleased, but my old Toshiba CRT 30" EDTV, SD still looks better on SD than the newer HD set.

1 person likes this.
  11. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I haven't see an over the air network look as great as they can in years. They all lowered quality many years ago imho. I hope your market isn't the same as mine but I bet it is. What we generally get and what is possible is very different and sub channels are one of several reasons for that.

Besides that's what tv land was for darn it!

By the way If your VHS stuff is sentimental I'd suggest getting it converted to disc someday. Eventually you wear out tapes and machines. They stopped making vcr tapes and players this year! I just did that with several things this past summer. Was very worth it.

12. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    I agree up to a point. Many OTA HD channels have degraded some because of the sub channels. In fact it is why so many times DISH Sat locals look just about as good. But for the vast majority of people not degraded enough to matter, but having the sub channels does matter alot. So it's a compromise.

13. zeebre12

zeebre12 Member

Dec 28, 2014
    new york
    What are the chances of them adding Bounce? I really want to see the next series of Saints and Sinners, also they have original comedies.

14. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I have no idea, but a few years ago, I felt getting any diginets on Dish would not happen. If Dish can get a deal and the channel is popular enough, we may get them.

15. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I do get a lot of the raw feeds from diginets on my big dish. The pq varies all over the place. METV is the best running HD now. The KATU (METV) 2.2 Portland at 720p looks very good. For years KOIN ran full 1080i bandwidth at 17.75 and it looked like a million bucks. Since then they have added two SD diginets, not quite a sharp as it once was, it still looks fine. One engineer told me that the new equipment is vastly better than it was even 5 years ago, so the pq will improve in the future as more stations get the newer equipment. KATU has, as they plan to add THIS TV to 2.4 at the end of the year. 2.1 KATU ABC 720p, 2.2 METV 720p, 2.3 The Comet 480i, and soon 2.4 THIS TV 480i.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.