1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kerry has called Bush and conceded!

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Chris Blount, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 3, 2004 #1 of 60
    Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    It's over folks. Kerry just called Bush.

2. Nov 3, 2004 #2 of 60
    SAEMike

SAEMike Banned User

May 29, 2004
    NBC News has confirmed the report. This one is over, the fat lady has sung, and the cows have come home.

3. Nov 3, 2004 #3 of 60
    Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    But have they jumped over the moon? :D

4. Nov 3, 2004 #4 of 60
    Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Classy move on JFK's part to not drag this out for weeks to come. And I would have said exactly the same thing had the results been opposite.

5. Nov 3, 2004 #5 of 60
    Argono

Argono Registered User

May 21, 2004

Agreed. Senator Kerry shows a lot of class by conceding rather than by dragging this out.

6. Nov 3, 2004 #6 of 60
    hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Yup - it's over.

I'm keeping the "red and blue" map for future reference. At least now I know that all the most ignorant people in the world live in those states colored in red. :rolleyes:

For more years of GWB: :barf:

7. Nov 3, 2004 #7 of 60
    Veander

Veander Legend

Aug 14, 2004
    I don't know about ignorant, so much as evangelical Christians. Seems homophobia won the election. :nono2:

8. Nov 3, 2004 #8 of 60
    Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Bush won the election. Give him his moment of glory and recognition. He has earned it.

Let's put the animoisty aside---at least for a day.

9. Nov 3, 2004 #9 of 60
    Steveox

Steveox Banned User

Apr 21, 2004
  10. missileman

missileman Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

May 28, 2004
    This is the classiest post I have ever read on this forum.

11. Veander

Veander Legend

Aug 14, 2004
    Moment of glory? He had four years from the last one. This is an internet forum where moments of glory exist rarely.

12. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Why? He's still the poster child for Idiotic World Leader of the past 25 years, and that will never change.

I don't believe in being a hypocrite.

The voting outcome doesn't change what and who he is. Not only won't I "unite" behind him, I'll continue to see him as the phoney, rigid, arrogant moron that he has demonstrated himself to be for four years. If he really cared about this country, he would have packed his bags and left. Time and political propoganda won't change what he is at this point. :D

13. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003
    He's also the Man who won the election and helped Republicans pick up seats in the both Houses. He loves this country and ran as a Patriot. The American People knew Kerry was a phony.

14. bcw

bcw AllStar

Sep 15, 2003
    Looks like the "What can I do for my country" folks beat the "What can my country do for me" folks.

15. Chris Blount

Jun 22, 2001
    That's how I felt about Clinton for 8 years. It's nice to see the "other side" suffer for a change. :D

16. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003
    If Kerry had won by the same vote count the Terrorist and Michael Moore would have been screaming that America wants change.

17. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    And that is just the attitude that is destroying this country from within. American life is now a "team sport", it is US against THEM in a death match, let's see the other side suffer. Let's see just how much we can destroy them completely so the country becomes a one-party, single-ideology nation. Can't have any dissenting opinions.

18. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    And you honestly think that the country would NOT have been just as divided if Kerry had won?

The way I see it is that under our 2 party system, this country has been in recent history and will always be divided, and that the division will always be very close to split right down the middle. Right around 50% of Americans will always be angry, hurt, sad, etc after major elections.

After the dust settles, I think it comes down to personal choice whether to support the candidate that wins or not. This time around, some democrats will choose to rally behind Bush in the weeks to come, and some won't. Just like some republicans would have chosen to rally around Kerry had he won, while some wouldn't. It has very little to do with the candidate in this regard. It has to do with the individual making the choice.

19. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    I didn't say that, and yes, I do think the country would still be just as divided had the election gone the other way.
    You are far more optimistic about than I. I don't think the problem we see now has much, if anything, to do with the two-party system. The division in America now goes much much deeper than simply Republican or Democrat. It is a fundamental ideological divide that carries far more weight and is far more pervasive. It radiates throughout our culture, even, making nearly everything a sort of game to be won or lost. It's a very ugly consequence, I think. And I'm not saying I haven't played a part in it as well, but so has nearly everyone else in this forum, to one degree or another.

I see the division becoming deeper and uglier with time.

20. Chris Blount

Jun 22, 2001
    Happy,

Did you go off your meds again? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.