1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

keyword searches still not working.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by rbpeirce, Apr 13, 2018.

1. rbpeirce

rbpeirce Godfather

Feb 23, 2006
    I was told this was fixed but not for me.

I have an HR44/500 running 0xd8f from 1/16/18. I reboot it every two weeks to remind it to do the searches. However, I was away for three weeks and when I checked I discovered five programs that should have been scheduled to record weren't.

If you have the same setup and searches are working for you, what are you doing?

2. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Do a reboot, then when you get back to live tv, do another... then do another when that gets back to live tv. Then don’t do anymore reboots at all and see if that fixes it. Note it will have to rebuild all guide data and such, so it’ll be sluggish and may not even show your recordings when it first gets back to love tv...

3. rbpeirce

rbpeirce Godfather

Feb 23, 2006
    OK. I was away for three months. All my regularly scheduled shows recorded. None of my keyword searchers worked. I'm sure they worked initially, but those were aged out and deleted to free up space along with older regularly scheduled shows. Although I knew a number of recent shows, such as the F1 race at COTA last week, should have recorded, they didn't. Therefore, unless somebody has a solution, I will continue to reboot my system every couple of weeks.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    typical solution so far

5. r194ondi

r194ondi Cool Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Have you tried clearmybox. not sure it will help, but it really speeds my ancient HR20 up when it gets sluggish.